Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Pyrenees 2011, 27/05-05/06, planning

Diesel was way cheaper in the little vills as well - found one with a mega queue, then saw the price sign board - diesel was €1.29 / litre :clap: No wonder the queue was almost back to the previous village :lol:

I spent a few hundred euro less on fuel than I expected :)

Gav being seduced by the 100 / V8 :mrgreen:

IMG_2218.JPG

Jon Wildsmith said:
Gav being seduced by the 100 / V8 :mrgreen:
Ooo yeah baby!!! :mrgreen:

I didn't manage to balance out the co-pilot tan effect to the left arm - I'll have to do more driving next year Jon :p

I think its time I posted some pics...

We head up into a ski resort, not used to visiting these in the summer
DSC09667.JPG

Big views
DSC09668.JPG

Nice photo, but it looks like Gav Photoshopped himself in :roll:
DSC09673.JPG

DSC09679.JPG

FOOD!
DSC09682.JPG

DSC09704.JPG

Big mountain, tiny landcruiser
DSC09712.JPG

DSC09717.JPG

Where the hell has the track gone?
DSC09746.JPG

Navigator was sent to look for it
DSC09747.JPG

Navigator could not find it so...
DSC09755.JPG

Driving by fog light
DSC09766.JPG

DSC09823.JPG

Driving through the clouds
DSC09841.JPG

Mrs Gary enjoying the views
DSC09852.JPG

The landcruiser stalking its prey...
DSC09857.JPG

DSC09879.JPG

DSC09918.JPG

DSC09925.JPG

DSC09926.JPG

Its a very very very long way down :shock:
DSC09931.JPG

DSC09933.JPG

Tricky to get a photo of JW but managed to get one in the end
DSC09944.JPG

Big ruts
DSC09951.JPG

Navigator shows off his skills
DSC09994.JPG

The legendary Duff beer
DSC00024.JPG

DSC00029.JPG

Navigator on duty :clap:
DSC00033.JPG

The Med
DSC00056.JPG

Jon is eager to use the blow torch on Reinhard's ARB bushes.
DSC00081.JPG

There is loads more but I would be duplicating what has already been posted.

Good stuff Rob, loved the 'The landcruiser stalking its prey' one :thumbup:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Looks like a fabulous time. But two things.

If Gav had photo-shopped himself in why didn't he give himself more hair like yours Rob?
And secondly, where did Gav sleep? Look, I'm only asking. :think:

Chris

Seriously, photo wise, awesome pics guys. First class stuff.

More great pictures! Thank you Rob. But what is really pissing me off is the fact that all these trucks (especially the two LC100) look better dirty than my truck, looking clean. How the hell does that work?

I'm green with jealousy and that takes some doing.....

:cool: :cool: :cool:

John

The Dark Dude

Chris said:
If Gav had photo-shopped himself in why didn't he give himself more hair like yours Rob?
And secondly, where did Gav sleep? Look, I'm only asking. :think:
Becuase no one wants a mop for a hair style and he slept behind the bush in this pic:
DSC00033.JPG

Excellent pics guys :thumbup: ... that "landcruiser stalking it's prey" is fantastic :thumbup: :thumbup:

Nice articulation from a basic 50mm lift
IMG_2201.JPG

14.jpg

Sorry but is that Obi Jon Kenobi holding a lite sabre in that last pic? Lite as in Bud Lite? The Force, strong it is, in this one. :violence-swords:

C

Rob said:
IMG_2201.JPG
In case Mrs Andy is worried by those pics, you could drive straight down the hill but we thought it would be more fun to cross the slope ;)

Rob said:
Nice photo, but it looks like Gav Photoshopped himself in :roll:
DSC09673.JPG
ROTLMFAO!!! Ain't got the skills so must've been there but its darn suspicious photongenery dude :lol:

Chris said:
And secondly, where did Gav sleep?
Where he could buddy, where he could... Got that foldup tent mastered now - 'Sleeping [strike:lcllkjdo]bag[/strike:lcllkjdo] Dragon, Folding Tent' kinda theme :lol:

All 304 of my pictures in an album shout if you want the full resolution version of any of them.

Jon Wildsmith said:
Rob said:
IMG_2201.JPG
In case Mrs Andy is worried by those pics, you could drive straight down the hill but we thought it would be more fun to cross the slope ;)

Thats OK Jon - she can get out and take photos whilst I drive it! :lol:

thanks for more excellent pics Rob, good to see the Duff being consumed and the pool too

enjoyed the photo Album Jon - and sussed out the first techy descent - its around wp55-57 just after abandoned village Lleto

at wp056 did you take the right turn "meme piste + difficile" ? since i don't want to miss the fun bit!

Nice photo’s lads, :clap: and what stunning scenery……even the one’s where Gav photoshopped himself in don’t distract one to much from admiring the seriously beautiful views. :o
Defo think I’ll have to invite myself along on one of those trips next year…Oh yes. :dance:

AndyCook said:
enjoyed the photo Album Jon - and sussed out the first techy descent - its around wp55-57 just after abandoned village Lleto

at wp056 did you take the right turn "meme piste + difficile" ? since i don't want to miss the fun bit!
Yes that's where it is but again you can pick a line that's almost flat or do something more interesting :) 56 is a Y junction and the "meme piste + difficile" is visible from the junction so you're unlikely to miss it ;)

Back