Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Quick question ....

Red Oktober

Garage
Country Flag
uk
Hi guys ...

did the 80's ever come with a 4.5 V8 .....or a 4.7 V8 ....

i'm pretty sure all the petrol 80's had a 4.5 straight 6

No v8 on 80s. Only i6 4.5

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II using Tapatalk

Right ....Thanks Rob

so if i see one advertised as a V8 ... either the listing is wrong ... or it's had a replacment engine

i'm on the look out for a petrol 80 to replace my 78

I thought the 80 was a 7 seater? Ad says 8

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

The question is what V8 has been fitted if it has had a transplant :think:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Crispin said:
I thought the 80 was a 7 seater? Ad says 8

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

most of the adds i've seen say 7/8 seater ...

my 78 is an 8 seater as well

Yes that's what I was thinking, might have the engine from a 100 in it, have often thought of doing a body swap, 100 body on a 80 chassis because I am otherwise and don't like IFS or plastic body trim :twisted:

If you read the box marked "Description" it gives the capacity as 4477cc, therefore its a 6 cyl.
It looks a nice example but beware, they are expensive on fuel, I know I run one.

Andy :thumbup:

There've been a few decent petrol 80s come up lately, Carl - so look around a bit. That first one you posted has pretty high miles. Not a problem if the maintenance has been ok but if not, it's getting into the realm where "catch-up" maintenance could start to add up. I'm sure you know all this already ;)

Will post here if I spot anything interesting for sale.

I think I saw an ad on ebay once, some time ago, that had a correct description, and, correct spelling. Could be wrong though.

I think mine is meant to be a 7 seater, well that was before I took the seats and seatbelts out.

My 80 is a 5 seater, so pleased I dont have to store 2 seats in the garage every time I load up to go away :D

my 78 is an 8 seater ..... i thought all 80's were the same

Whenever i have spoke to people some have said seven and some have said eight. Im sure ive had them with three sets of belts in the third row. May be wrong tho.

As for the truck my guess is he just isnt aware what hes selling.

Karl

In my experience a 80 is 2 front, 3 centre, 2 rear seats so a 7 seater.
Just as a bit of trivia relating to how many seats your vehicle has I believe if you have older defender with 9 seats it can be registered as a minibus and get around the London congestion charge, but then again I may have been misinformed.

Back