Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Radiator Landcruiser 2.4TD 1992

Yorkshire Devil

Radiator wanted for Radiator Landcruiser 2.4TD 1992, any ideas where I can get one from without resorting to main dealer or re-core?

Is it the 2 LT engine? It might use the same radiator as a mk4 Hilux 2.4

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

the only one i can find is this one:-

http://www.euro4x4parts.com/parts/kra12 ... iator.html

not that cheap though. :?

i had my one re-corded when i had a 2.4 engine, cost about £150 IIRC. :)

im not sure how well a hi-lux one would work, because im pretty sure hi-lux's have the rad cap on the top of the rad, where as on the 2.4 landcruiser its above the thermostat on the engine. :think:

Nothing wrong with 2 rad caps, as long as you fill it through the higher one. Can't comment on fitment though.

i just wondered if/how it would work, as obviously there would be 2 overflow pipes from the rad. unless you blocked one off? :think:

Ben said:
im not sure how well a hi-lux one would work, because im pretty sure hi-lux's have the rad cap on the top of the rad, where as on the 2.4 landcruiser its above the thermostat on the engine. :think:

On the 2.4 Surfs the rad cap is on the block above the thermostat, only the 3.0 ltr has it on the rad.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
so a surf one might be a good option, but arnt most/all of them auto's, so the bottom of the rad will be an oil cooler? :think:

You can still use an auto rad in a manual just don't connect anything the ATF cooler, in fact I would expect most aftermarket rads to be auto to cut the number of different parts suppliers need to make.

So what is my best most cost effective solution going to be? THere must be a stock radiator lying around somewhere!!!!

here you go:-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Toyota-Hilux- ... 1553wt_698

it even says in the listing that you can choose, either a rad with a rad cap, or a rad without a rad cap, as its on the engine. :thumbup:

its got the dimensions so you need to measure to see whether it will fit or not.

presuming the actual rad is a similar size to yours, you then need to consider whether the hoses are going to line up properly top and bottom.

Also if your still running the viscous fan, whether your cowl will fit on the back of the new rad. :)

And check its 3 core.

Why dont you get your original one re-cored?

Think I've mentioned to you elsewhere - change the water pump at the same time as the cam-belt.

Pete

Has anyone used Milner for Timing Belts/Water Pumps? Is the Mitsuma Brand of belts any good that Milner sell or should I be safe and pay for a Gates or Dayco kit?

ive used miners timing belts a few times now, no problems. :thumbup:

ive also bought 2 water pumps from them before, and both have turned out to be genuine ones when they arrived. :)

id advise replacing the front crank oil seal while your doing the timing belt and waterpump. ;)

mine started leaking after id fitted a new cambelt and waterpump, and it all had to be stripped back down. :thumbdown:

Milners warranty is not great, I have tried to claim for a broken CV and munched shaft and got nowhere.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Yorkshire Devil said:
What warranty do MILNERS give on the thai mitsuma belts?

not sure, best to call and ask them. :)

if your worried about using a non genuine belt, get a genuine one.

http://www.roughtrax4x4.com/?doc=16&cid=1135&vid=134

while your changing the water pump, id also change the thermostat and rad cap. ;)

Rob said:
Milners warranty is not great, I have tried to claim for a broken CV and munched shaft and got nowhere.

sounds like your experience was quite different to mine Rob. :?

i got a new alternator out of them very easily. :clap:

I called up and told them the alternator i bought from them 6 months ago, was no longer working.

"not a problem we will get a new one sent out to you today. once the old one is removed, stick it in the box, the new one came in and we will arrange for our courier to collect it."

i was very impressed with the service. :thumbup:

Ben said:
Yorkshire Devil said:
What warranty do MILNERS give on the thai mitsuma belts?
not sure, best to call and ask them. :) if your worried about using a non genuine belt, get a genuine one.
http://www.roughtrax4x4.com/?doc=16&cid=1135&vid=134 while your changing the water pump, id also change the thermostat and rad cap. ;)
Rob said:
sounds like your experience was quite different to mine Rob. :? i got a new alternator out of them very easily. :clap:
I called up and told them the alternator i bought from them 6 months ago, was no longer working.
"not a problem we will get a new one sent out to you today. once the old one is removed, stick it in the box, the new one came in and we will arrange for our courier to collect it."i was very impressed with the service. :thumbup:
I had exactly the same experience with Milner on a starter motor, no arguments, changed straight away and old one collected. :thumbup:

a used what? radiator?

PM Karl on here. hes broken a few 70's so might have one. ;)

Back