Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Radio doesn't turn off!?

cujo31

Country Flag
canada
Hi all. New member here, just got a 2003 TLC, 120 series (?). Anyways-love it, but 2 days after i got her, the radio/NAV & clock below the screen does not turn off after turning off vehicle. Not sure if it turns off with the door opening up, didn't notice that before. Dead battery 2 times now due to this issue-any info? Anything to look for? I can manually turn off radio & nav screen, clock stays lit & power continues to be fed to screen-i can come back an hour later & turn everything on! Removed to look for a short/ground fault, disconnected battery, scanned with a good quality MAC Tools scanner for any codes-found none. Any help is appreciated, I don't want to keep it on a battery charger every night or disconnect the battery every time I park it! Thanks for any input-it is much appreciated!

Perhaps just worth pulling the radio fuse to see if it goes off. It maybe getting a perm live feed from somewhere else. It's not connected to the door opener. It should be part of the Acc / ign circuit.

Perhaps just worth pulling the radio fuse to see if it goes off. It maybe getting a perm live feed from somewhere else. It's not connected to the door opener. It should be part of the Acc / ign circuit.

The Acc / ign circuit works off a relay I think, so maybe the relay is buggered.

Back