Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Rancho

Ronanjordan

Hello all.
Has anyone ever used rancho suspension?
I was on roughtrax4x4 website and saw them.
They do standard and +2" shocks.
Just wondering if they are any good.
Would 20%stronger springs give a bit of a lift?
My cuz seems to think he got 1.5 to 2 inches on his pajero.
Thanks again!!

Rancho are made by Monroe, the standard Adventure shocks are good for general use, I think the 5000 and 9000 are a bit more off-road orientated and consequently a little harder for road usage.

Yep,

I have Rancho 5000 on my truck.

Previous owner has it installed with a 6"lift.
Truck was fairly standard, save for the lift when I bought it... bit of an "Arfur Daley" character, (who sold the truck to buy a Dodge Ram v10). Was big into all the US stuff.

Have got the whole grocery list on the truck now and certainly when fully loaded is about upto and possibly a few kgs over its max GVWt!

Truck has been all over Europe/Morocco/Sarah etc etc and had no problems with suspension.
About to change it and drop to 3" with stiffer springs etc ready for Africa proper in August.

Never let me down and has coped with a lot.

I have Rancho RS9000 Adjustable Shocks that I bought in america a couple years ago.

They were made to fit onto the Toyota tacoma pickup truck,

They were standard for the truck but when put against mine they were a touch higher which was not a problem. However the polythene bush was slightly too small so I had to drill some of it out.
Other than that they fitted right in.

The best thing about them is that I can adjust them for when I have a heavy load in the back. :clap:

the shocks are great, i use them on my builds.
the lifts are a very harsh ride and i do not use them at all.

dobinson out of Oz makes the nicest lifts i have used ...

Thanks for the feedback guys, so for the price they are at, they look a good buy.

Roughtrax do front and rear shocks both 2 inch extended for £49 and £47.50 each respectively.

They also do 20% stronger springs.
Can anyone say if these would leave the LC at same height or leave it sitting higher???

Or would it be worth just going for OME( had a quote and my wallet didn't take too kindly to it, but not ruled out yet
springs front and rear, £140 per pair, and shocks, £250 front and £180 rear, plus stoneguard plus vat comes in at £915.
I don't doubt that these would be a good investment,
but I am thinking could I use the rancho shocks with OME springs and have the lot for £500 odd and would this be advisable or not a wise move???? )

Also considering Iron man but westcoast 4x4 website isn't working so cannot get that, anyone have a ballpark figure for the kit?

Thanks in advance for the advice guys, this is a new venture for me( going up in the world) and want to do it once and do it right and as i am in Ireland it is awkward to get parts here so everything is coming from UK.
Ronan

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Ironman will be in the £500ish ballpark I would think. Should be some prices quoted if you have a search in the 90 section.

As quoted by CHADR

Yes, it was - £450 for the kit + £100 for the install. (Plus VAT

for the iron man install

Joe

Back