Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Random noises - help!?!

Hang on people........wasn't this covered loads before? Maybe over on the darkside? Turned out to be nothing but has had loads of people doing all sorts to find it but was nothing serious.

My random noise has disappeared! I've looked round the house but can't find it in there! Frank

You can have one of mine Frank, I've got loads. :lol:

Hi Cossack, send me one of yours on a tape and I can play it on the cassette player then as I have no noises at all. Frank

Something has surfaced from the depths of my memory & i think i read about it on the " Other " forum a long time ago, someone had a rattle they just could not find in the oily department, long story short was it turned out to be a washer that should have been held tight by a spring in a housing, memory fades a bit now but i think it was the injector pump.

Hi Cossack, send me one of yours on a tape and I can play it on the cassette player then as I have no noises at all. Frank
Frank, what is this "cassette player" of which you speak? :whistle:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
My 80 is completely original 1995. Frank!
Ah! THAT "cassette player" I still have my original Sony double din unit, I replaced it to have something I could connect my iPod to. :thumbup:

Do you remember ancient and worshipped 8 track system? I had one and it was stunning "Hi Fi" quality. Frank

Do you remember ancient and worshipped 8 track system? I had one and it was stunning "Hi Fi" quality. Frank
Somewhere I've got a Music centre, do you remember them? that has radio, record player and an 8 track cassette player I only kept it (in storage, not playing, one of these days I'll get it connected) because the record player can play 78rpm records, I have a few of them, and about five IIRC 8 track cartridges. I can't remember them all but one is Swan Lake and another is Buddy Holly.

Last edited:
Years ago i had a 3000E Capri which i bought and installed what was then state of the art quadraphonic eight track system, sounded awsome, can't remember how i got it but i had a demo cartridge which had a jumbo jet taking off, it started off quietly in the distance far behind you & got louder until it was directly above you, shook the car with the noise then gently disappeared in front of you, had people queuing up to sit in the car & listen to it. it was awesome.
Then some ******* nicked the car.

78 rpm.........don't remember that. Sure your turntable is not going round double speed? Elvis started with 78. Buddy Holly I've got all his and still play them. I think a compilation came out earlier this year with all his work on. 200 songs I think...repeats outtakes etc. Joinerman are you sure you weren't smoking pot parked up on Heathrow runway. Frank

Mine ticks loudly when cold, but its the cold start mechanism on the fuel pump and if I put my finger on the linkage it stops so I think its a worn pin. The other thing you could try is pushing the clutch pedal and see if that makes a difference. could be the thrust bearing/washer

Back