Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Random part

hartnoll833

Country Flag
falkland_islands
Hi Guys,

As in the pic, this is a random part that has come away from the underneath of my SWB LC3 when i was OFF Roading over Christmas.

Does anyone know what it is, it looks like something can bolt onto it but there was nothing attached and as far as i can see its not or wasn't doing any sort of job anyway BUT, I am curious. It was hanging off and i twisted the last piece off as it was hanging there. It was from the central underside front of the car, around where the centre of the engine sits.

Any clues would be awesome.

Lee

Attachments

• car part.JPG
    car part.JPG
    33.6 KB · Views: 176
Looks like a bit of the sump guard, or the next bit back of the factory fitted underbody protection.

It's obscenely wet here just now so I'm not going to crawl under mine and check, but I think it braces the underbody guard against a cross member. If it's rotten enough to come off I suspect the underbody protection isn't protecting much anyway. Most of mine has fallen off! I occassionally look enviously at Asfir stuff.

Its definitely from the sump guard. that is the part that has rusted on my sumpguard and the reason i posted in the wanted section for a new guard.

its a poor design, there is a mesh grill to let the airflow through but all the salt/wetness sits there and rots it. out.

group buy on asfir bash plates anyone:icon-biggrin:

Last edited:
Its definitely from the sump guard. that is the part that has rusted on my sumpguard and the reason i posted in the wanted section for a new guard.

its a poor design, there is a mesh grill to let the airflow through but all the salt/wetness sits there and rots it. out.

i think there is scope for improvement, but dont want to lose that airflow - it could have a dramatic impact on engine temp on long runs.

group buy on asfir bash plates anyone:icon-biggrin:

potentially.... but we'd need to really work the costs.

- KB

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I'll have to see if mine is still intact now[emoji51]

Yea sounds good guys, im glad it won't effect performance but on the down side it will need replacing as i live in one of the most offroad remote places in the world and its a must. Be great to know if i can get one cheap enough and get one down here.

Yea sounds good guys, im glad it won't effect performance but on the down side it will need replacing as i live in one of the most offroad remote places in the world and its a must. Be great to know if i can get one cheap enough and get one down here.

That would explain the rust then, with the salty island air. Shame...

I have ordered a new one from TBR along with a new fuel guard too which has rotted, not good Toyota.

Back