Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

rattling noises amongst other things.

Bundu basher

Hi guys,

I have a HDJ80 1993 model, its a manual 12v 4.2 diesel. I had the car for about a year and a half now.
I have noticed a few things last week that cropped up all at once.

First. was a rattling noise from the rear of the car, that sounds like a stone in a metal can. This weirdly enough only happens on smooth roads. But when i gently step on the breaks are i drive, the noise stops as i give it gas at the same time. I changed the rear bushes all round, checked the shoes and pads all are fine and changed stabilizer links, but cant seem to find this noise when i check manually. any clues?

second,
if I'm backing up on a gentle slope or just a mild slope, with my foot on the clutch and on the break, the car shuts off. like it has just run out of fuel, with out any warning I have asked around and no one seems to have a solid answer for me. Some guys say its the filter while others say it the injectors, or electrical etc.
Im not sure what to think, but i want to fix the issue. will increasing the idling help the problem? any suggestions.

Any help will be greatly appreciated guys. Thanks in advance,

Gabe

i found the noise, it was the rear brake pads rattling in the caliper. any one have any ideas on the cutting off

Hi Gabe,

The stalling on hills could be a pump issue (if I remember correctly) , it's fairly common and well documented on Australian forums. Is your idle rpm the same on a slope as it is on flat ground?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back