Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Rear axle bushes

Bat21

Supporter
Country Flag
morocco
Just about to swap out the bushes on the rear upper and lower trailing arms + panhard rod of the 80.

I put SuperPro polly bushes on the front radius arms a few years ago and have had no problems.

Is there anything better out there or are SuperPro still considered the best?

I'm interested in a response for this as well ... was under mine on the weekend and all the bushes are pretty much hosed :(

Have you priced genuine ones at all?

One of the near future jobs for me.

I know I don't pay enough attention, but recently my "service" replaced my rear poly bushes with what look like black rubber Toyota bushes.

They told me the ploys suffer from too much flexing, where the side protection "flanges" of the poly bushes gets cut by the lateral rotation pinching them. The black ones look like void bushes without the voids.

Sorry it's such a vague response, maybe I can get more info about mine... :think:

.... Sorry it's such a vague response....
Vague :shock: an English version would be good :icon-biggrin:

I haven't priced up genuine ones Grant, SuperPro ones look like they are going to be around £300 for the complete rear axle.

Last edited:
Bushes years ago were like nuts and bolts. Just buy the right size. Aston Martin used Metalastic bushes along with nearly all other manufacturers in the UK. I used to meet the rep' unofficially outside Longbridge security office and he used to give me bags of them for nothing!! One particular bush Aston Martin used to charge £10 for. It was a universal bush and the rep' said they cost a few pence to make. I've just done a quick Google and there are plenty of links.

Frank

I have been considering a set of the Pedders ones as they are natural rubber. Like the OEM ones. I'm just a bit confused by the catalogue at the moment. They don't seem to come in numbers divisible by the quantity I need. That can't be right.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I think SuperPro and OEM work out to a similar price.

Are genuine meant to be better in this case?

Are genuine meant to be better in this case?
I've no experience of the SuperPro's so couldn't say better/worse but OEM seem to work well and last a long time. I think the £300 Paul mentioned for SuperPro must be for front and back though otherwise they must be gold plated?

Back