Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Rear bumper - entirely subjective question within

wangjjang

Ok so I bought a rear bumper a while back and something just isnt sitting right. I dont like it but i dont know why. Maybe its too fat and chunky, maybe its something else. Im really not keen on it.

What do you guys think? Does it look ok? does it fit with the 80's styling? am i just going crazy from being up in the woods with landrover owners for too long?

DMm8iNp.jpg

8Wj89Uv.jpg

Wanjjang, for a moment I thought you were going to ask 'Does my bum look big in this' :doh:

Where's me coat.

It's not too long, it looks proportionally too wide. thats why it looks a little different to others. JMI.

Andy

It's the detail. That's all. Look at Lazz's and mine too for that matter, it's the little cut outs and profiles that make the difference. You have a good bumper in there just waiting to be carved out as it were. Now that sounds rude but you asked. One thing that I think might lighten it without getting drastic is is some aluminium capping on the top. There'd be some contrast then. Aside from that though it's a good solid looking thing. Just not the prettiest maybe.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
It's the detail. That's all. Look at Lazz's and mine too for that matter, it's the little cut outs and profiles that make the difference. You have a good bumper in there just waiting to be carved out as it were. Now that sounds rude but you asked. One thing that I think might lighten it without getting drastic is is some aluminium capping on the top. There'd be some contrast then. Aside from that though it's a good solid looking thing. Just not the prettiest maybe.

I agree with Chris and most of the others it seems, it looks bulky but a sturdy looking piece of kit nevertheless. I think there's nothing that would compromise functionality, it's only an aesthetic matter.

If you have the wherewithal, maybe cutting some of the angles off and "chamfering" them as it were with some plate may give it some better lines. It will be a lot of work, but only you could decide whether it's worth the hastle!

Thanks for all the responses guys. I'm very glad it wasn't just me that saw something funny going on with the bumper. Your replies have been very helpful...It needs to be fiddled with.

Now to try and decide what angles would look good and how im going to do it. but this sounds like an excuse to buy an angle grinder..woooo..

Thanks for all the responses guys. I'm very glad it wasn't just me that saw something funny going on with the bumper. Your replies have been very helpful...It needs to be fiddled with.

Now to try and decide what angles would look good and how im going to do it. but this sounds like an excuse to buy an angle grinder..woooo..

Looking forward to seeing what the end product is! Have fun =)

My concern is the clearance from the tire arm to door. Once you start down a rough road with a tire mounted is the arm going to beat the tailgate in?

Back