Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Rear bumper removal - weight

whereisgibson

To get my towbar off, the bumper needs to come off too. I don't have a jack or really anything to hand; so the question is: how much does the stock part weigh? Is it a one-man job?

I don't recall having to take the bumper off when I took my towbar off... Are you sure?

From memory, the rear bumper is in parts anyway isn't it? I certainly removed all of my bumper on me todd!!! You'll be fine, gerronwithit!!!

:cool:

whereisgibson said:
so the question is: how much does the stock part weigh? Is it a one-man job?
Assuming you're referring to the weight of the tow-bar, Martin, it's not too heavy at all - easy one-man job :thumbup: Ideally you should brace it in place while you whip the bolts out so it doesn't fall on you :mrgreen: At a guess, I'd say it was around 20kg - if yours is anything like mine.

What part of the bumper needs to come off BTW - the plastic corners?

EDIT: I see Gav is even busier than me at work today and beat me to it :mrgreen: I'd second the question about needing to remove the bumper.

Cheers,

Hi Martin
There isn't a bumper on the rear of the 80. It's all part of the chasie. The tow bars just bolt into the chasie from underneath at the rear.
Karl

Bumper bits should be ok.
You might want to do some prep though as the nuts on the underside are captive in the chassis and can spin when removing bolts which is a bit of a bugger and have to grind the heads off. On mine these were securing angle brackets which could be left on as they bolt to the tow bar itself and don't stick down too far anyway.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
But you are just an animal :tools-hammerdrill:

Yeah, it was the first thing I did - I didn't realise about release spray or the likes... I just stood on the bar a bit harder!!! :oops:

Anyhoo, have you got it off yet Martin?? C'mon slacker!!! :p

I'm sitting in an office thinking about it. Expect more questions around 6pm :) If I can't get it off, then the welsh countryside will.

It'll give us something to do around the camp fire Martin :lol: OT, are you on for camping on Friday night or just a maybe?

Cheers

Back