Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Rear Diff lock switch...

Chrisvespec

Can anyone tell me if the on/off switch directly under the RSCA switch is the rear diff lock, switched it on and theres no lights come on the dash, cannot here any motors underneath as it did on my old 80 series...no info in the manual, so comments would be very helpful.

Chris

The RDL comes on only when in low range. The sound from the actuator motor is not strong. You have to be in a quiet place with the door open and engine off to hear it.
It is not uncommon that the rdl actuator corrodes. The handbook of my old 80 said to activate it once a week to prevent it getting stuck.

Well can close this thread now as just had truck up on the ramps and theres no bloody diff lock actuator on the rear axle....I thought all 100 series had them as standard but obviously not...only has the centre diff lock...wat good that is I don't no, wouldn't have bought it if I had known, hey ho.

Simply speaking the centre diff lock gives you "two wheel drive" instead of just "one wheel drive" ;)

There is a chance that there is a LSD at the back. And, a RDL can be installed. Either the oem e-locker or an air-operated thingy.

With the CDL, w/o LSD, there is still one-wheel-drive (or zero) if you drive one wheel into a deep ditch.

Hi Chris, is your 100 a UK model as AFAIK all UK 100's had RDL's. I've only recently got a 100 and am still learning about them but I recently tried an Aussie spec GXL 04 100 petrol and that had an LSD rear axle but bought an 03 Aussie spec Diesel in the end with a RDL. The RDL is so corroded it is split in half so I know at the moment which would work best. If you have an LSD axle it will always work and you will never have "one wheel drive" so to speak.
If it is LSD then it should have a sticker on the rear of the axle saying "LSD oil only" but if you jack both wheels (rear) up with the transfer box in neutral and turn one, the other should turn the same way, if you put one wheel back on the floor and try to turn the wheel it should not turn if the LSD is working.
Hope this helps.

Andy

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Andy
Been looking into this and for some reason not all 2003 models had RDL...strange and yes mine is a UK model...[
ChrisQUOTE=AndycruiserguyLomas;378414]Hi Chris, is your 100 a UK model as AFAIK all UK 100's had RDL's. I've only recently got a 100 and am still learning about them but I recently tried an Aussie spec GXL 04 100 petrol and that had an LSD rear axle but bought an 03 Aussie spec Diesel in the end with a RDL. The RDL is so corroded it is split in half so I know at the moment which would work best. If you have an LSD axle it will always work and you will never have "one wheel drive" so to speak.
If it is LSD then it should have a sticker on the rear of the axle saying "LSD oil only" but if you jack both wheels (rear) up with the transfer box in neutral and turn one, the other should turn the same way, if you put one wheel back on the floor and try to turn the wheel it should not turn if the LSD is working.
Hope this helps.

Andy[/QUOTE]

I wondered what was missing from mine - I have the LPG switch there:

switches001_zps87253761.jpg
There also doesn't seem to be a symbol on the dash for rear difflock - I know my old 80 had one?

Also - what should be here?

switches002_zps04f918c1.jpg

I think it's a 'throttle up' switch??

I think either button might be usefull with LPG as the sooner it heats up the less petrol I use - I'll try to get one!
Good luck with your back - I go to an osteopath for mine!

Cheers osteopath is booked for monday but i managed to convince a dubious but very helpful emergency NHS helpline GP to write me a prescription for Quinine at 3.30 this afternoon and i'm already on the road to recovery :icon-biggrin:

I don't believe the viscous heater was fitted to the petrol models. Likely to either be an idle up switch or a blanking plate, looks like someone's given the switch panel a good kicking though.

No idle-up or power heater on petrol engines.
It's just the diesels which are so efficient that on idle, they don't generate enough heat to keep warm, at freezing, wintery, temperatures.

Hi Chris, is your 100 a UK model as AFAIK all UK 100's had RDL's. I've only recently got a 100 and am still learning about them but I recently tried an Aussie spec GXL 04 100 petrol and that had an LSD rear axle but bought an 03 Aussie spec Diesel in the end with a RDL.

My Japanese 2004 LC100 4.7 v8 is the same - Rear LSD, Centre Diff Lock (CDL), no rear difflock. I was reading up a bit on it today by coincidence. Mine has the A750F 5-speed gearbox and the centre-diff in it is of a Torsen type, apparently. From what I understand the front is not LSD.

Back