Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Rear door lock broken

Rogerwilco

Country Flag
uk
Hi all 1st issue after 6 years, its going in for mot Wednesday and checking round today the drivers side (uk) passenger door would not undo, the lock button doesnt move when you unlock or lock with key in drivers door. So door not opening with interior or exterior handles. By pulling button right up I managed to get door open removed door card all rods connected so is it a case of replacing the lock mechanism and does anyone know the best place to source a new one or is it a case of going down the used route, Regards Roger.

My driver's side rear wouldn't open from the inside a few years back. OK from the outside and I think the lock button went up and down OK. The rod from the inside handle was slightly bent on inspection, straightening it back was just enough to restore normal operation. I thought it was the child locks at first, but it wasn't.

I managed to jury rig the rear door so passed mot fine only advisory was deteriorated rear number plate. I got a 2nd hand lock off ebay and will fit it at the weekend.

Back