Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Rear Springs

IRLGW

Does anyone know if 100series rear springs fit an 80 series? we used to fit Nissan patrol rear springs to shoguns for offroad and they seated no problem so wondering if the 100 series springs do the same and assume that they are higher rated due to the extra weight..

The Old man emu ones are the same as 80 series springs, so they should fit

Does anyone know if 100series rear springs fit an 80 series? we used to fit Nissan patrol rear springs to shoguns for offroad and they seated no problem so wondering if the 100 series springs do the same and assume that they are higher rated due to the extra weight..

Don't forget 100 series rear coils are helped by the AHC system except if they are off a GX which doesn't have it on.

If your 80 doesnt have third row seats there are stiffer 80s springs available.some markets had the oem subtank and third row seats. At a rough guess id say they would need to carry about a extra 250 kg at least.

if i hadn't wanted a lift when i replaced my shocks and springs i would of gone toyota, they offer a comfortable ride and are tuned to the vehicle.

I have a related question. The rear coil springs on my 80 are in need of replacement as they have lost some tension and the back rides low. And this was before I replaced the rear bumper with a much heavier one. But I like the broke-in feel of my front suspension with its stock parts. Also I just replaced all the shocks with a 3rd party brand.

So the question is, should I replace just the rear springs with something like Old Man Emu springs or should I stick with OEM. Will there be any complications from having OEM on front and OME on the back?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Yes they do......., are they stiffer ?...... not much .
I did exactly this with some 100 series springs I had taken new off non AHC GX 100 and 105 series when they were fitted with armour kits and sent to hot sandy places .
I also fitted the 100 series shocks at the same time as they have a better bush in the lower shock .
I still have some new springs and shocks from non AHC 100 series if you want to give them ago ...Andy had some from me but not sure what he did with them so he may also know how they were on an 80?

Yes they do......., are they stiffer ?...... not much .
I did exactly this with some 100 series springs I had taken new off non AHC GX 100 and 105 series when they were fitted with armour kits and sent to hot sandy places .
I also fitted the 100 series shocks at the same time as they have a better bush in the lower shock .
I still have some new springs and shocks from non AHC 100 series if you want to give them ago ...Andy had some from me but not sure what he did with them so he may also know how they were on an 80?

Hi Grimbo they are still in the box you sent them in as my Hundie is in storage still and I'm yet to get to that job. Mine were the GX ones as mine isn't AHC.
I wondered what was in that box

Back