Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Rear view camera

haris.xx

Country Flag
cyprus
Any ideals for rear camera?(model) where can i mount rear camera on a 90 series for best view?

I put mine just above the rear number plate image.jpeg gives a perfect picture I ran the cable through the back door and out of the door handle which I had to remove to thread wire out.

Put it there as had to remove one of the registration plate lights to get the night vision to work,other wise on a night it thought it was daytime due to lights on,I can see all the rear believe it or not from where it's placed,you can now get the light fitting ones what just fasten into original bulb bit.

Something like this would be handy for me, not because i got blacked out windows and cant see shit when reversing at night. But mainly for reversing up to a trailer hitch

I have blacked out rear windows but with 2 reverse lights i can still see a lot better than i can in Helen's truck with 1 light and tinted rather than black windows .

I want a cam for reverse parking between cars , that extra foot i leave for caution for fear of putting my nato hitch through someones rad would often come in useful .

Last edited:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Must admit it's good for parking close up and you should see people's eyes when they think your not looking backing up as your looking down at the stereo.

I love the reversing camera on my 80 :icon-biggrin:

Before, I backed into a car that had parked up quite close to me. I couldn't see it at all out of my rear mirror and I only stopped reversing when I felt "some" resistance.

Rather than punching a hole in its radiator, the difference in levels between my receiver hitch and the Honda Prelude's bonnet meant that contact was about 9" from its windscreen :lol:

I almost damaged its radiator with my back axle :icon-rolleyes:

Yep, love it. A wise move getting one.

I'd like to get a high level camera that looks down, probably something mounted at roof level. I find that on our other car, it's hard to judge how close you are, particularly with backing up to a trailer or getting close to a car when parallel parking. I think something looking down would give a more 'birds-eye' view and better judgement of distances. haven't seen anything obvious like that so far though.

They have them on most new vans maybe have a look at them buddy

Looks like a perfect angle on the bracket for the back door as well.

Olazz recommends this one http://www.landcruiserclub.net/forums/member.php/5962-Olazz http://www.parkingcameras.com/store/product.php?productid=377&cat=90&page=1 i'd like to find a way to combine a rear reversing camera with a front and a recorder to make a dash cam. Although that seems to be quite a unique requirement (and beyond my technical ability).

yep, I can vouch for that as well, though I use this one with wide angle and std cameras .... http://www.parkingcameras.com/store/product.php?productid=381&cat=90&page=1

mblinko very interesting. Would you be able to share some pictures of the camera mounted? presumably the wide is for parking and the narrower one is a better substitute for the mirror

mblinko very interesting. Would you be able to share some pictures of the camera mounted? presumably the wide is for parking and the narrower one is a better substitute for the mirror

yes, wide angle shows the width and the tow ball. Std is like a mirror. This is the best one I have right now as all the kit won't be refitted for a month or so yet. It's mounted on the underside of the RTT. You'll have to zoom in a bit.

image.png

Back