Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Reed

reednprilaman

Good day every one, I have just joined this club. I purchased 94 cruiser 18 months ago and started working on her last week (time & $$). I have owned a 73 (454) Chevy pick up and a 72 (360) short bed Ford pick up. This is my first "non-american" vehicle and I have wanted "this" Cruiser for ten years. She had a cracked head gasket and I knew that when I bought her. The problem I am having is she "will not start". Once she was put back together I was able to start her and take it out for a spin. I drove her around the block and came back home and shut her off. I started her back up and drove her around the block twice and shut her off. I then drove her up to the gas station filled her up and drove her for a mile. She was running sluggish so I know the timing needed to be adjusted. I thought I would see if she would start and she did not. She has not started since then. I have put it on TDC and reset the distributor, I have checked to see if she is getting spark to the plugs and gas (yes to both). I have checked the fuses and the ground wires. She just simply will not start? I have disconnected the battery in hopes that maybe the computer will reset, I will attempt to start her tomorrow. If you have any comments, suggestions, advice or experience "it" would be greatly appreciated.

FYI: Her name is "Jill"

Thank you,

Reed

Welcome Reed...!!

Your post reminds me of Chas' "riddle time" thread, unless I've missed something, all you needed at the end of the post was guess which cruiser it is!

Obviously a petrol engine, but....

Go on, give us a clue... :doh:

Back