Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Remember Matt's autobox problems?

Chris

Super Moderator
Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
great_britain
Guys, I can find the thread relating to the problems that Matt had with his auto box and the thread about his adventures etc, but I can't find the bit where he worked out what was causing it and how it got fixed. Anyone remember, only this might make the difference between buying a cruiser and not buying one.

Chris

Was it not a dodgy fuel filter & a tower block of a box on the roof rack causing a lack of power on the hills.

Is this another case of old posts dissappearing again?

I don't think so Paul. I can't remember where it was posted in order to be able to search for it. I do think it had something to do with fuel rather than actually the box itself. The power issue was probably all the kit, yes, but the fact it wouldn't select drive without going into reverse first was the odd thing.

Chris

You've looked through his trip report thread, Chris? IIRC there was a fair bit of chatter initially when he set off and was barely moving - but I haven't reread the thread to see whether this is the thread you're after or not.

I don't recall him reporting back on a cure - it seems that a bit of fiddling by various mechanics in Egypt and other parts and some new ATF, the problem either disappeared or they learnt to live with it...

Matt is around (in Cape Rown) so drop him a line and see what he says.
Cheers,

Hi guys
This is more for prosperity than a fix now as Chris' new truck is going great.
I never found a concrete fix but can positively say that after having the injector nipples changed the problem has gone away 100%. The truck has WAY more torque / power, gets much better mileage (up from 6.5 to 7.8 kms per litre, apol haven't worked out the miles yet)

So, if that makes sense to one of the oracles, please shout as despite trying many many of the good tips provided, it was never resolved and we had to keep going to get to Cape Town on time..

Full trip report to come soon
Matt

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back