Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Replace auto gearbox with a manual

especially of you are going into the middle of nowhere and far from human contact.

If you're going that far off the beaten track, and that worried about things failing, perhaps a 100 is not the right vehicle?

Rollence hit the nail on the head regarding my love of manual gearboxes over autos......I have a real problem and it will be a compromise somewhere along the line. We will be going to some remote places and maybe an auto 100 is not right. The huge amount of electronics worries me a little (although being an electronics engineer I can see both the positive and negative (ha ha)) - but a lot of it won't stop you going along and in any case I would go prepared for the worst case; I want the factory turbo'd FTE engine if possible (rather than aftermarket bolt-on), I can't make the leap into a 78 series (however, currently driving a Defender 110 so I get it), and decent 80s are hard to get. When going to those remote places you have to plan for the worst (ie the car will fail you, be stolen, written off/crashed). In researching the 100 plenty of people seem to have taken autos to those remote places in central Africa, Australian outback, Patagonia, Mongolia etc....seemingly with few problems....but I'd still prefer a manual gearbox.....

Hi - There is a 52 plate manual going through the BCA auction tomorrow 5 December at Brighouse. Full Dealer Service History looks a minter. Get your skates on and swerve the dealer mark up - i am putting this on a thread too.

Thanks for letting me know - looking for later and with lower mileage

Back