Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Replacement Radiator

Theshootist

Country Flag
england
Hello All,

Does anyone have a recommendation and source for an OEM quality radiator? They seem to be out of stock everywhere I look.

thanks

Don't know where you are located but Lincoln Radiators have done all mine and the firms truck ones. I think they did Chris's 80 one before one of his trips.

There seem to be some after market aluminium options.. but difficult to know how the quality would compare to the original.

not sure where you are but I've just had my recored by Guildford radiators and they've done a beautiful job.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Alisport do some custom stuff sure they got a Web thing probably best bet is tell us where you live and see if you can get local recommendations

Mine is a petrol but both versions are months out of stock and they have no date for new stick sadly.

Thought it might help given i trust Roughtrax therefore i trust Nissens by default , but i can't find one of them either .

Curious to note i can find one from Worley and i remember seeing that name when i was searching for a radiator 7 or 8 years ago . Did nobody buy it or has that company been around for a long time which might bode well for quality :confusion-shrug:

I got one of the Nissens ones from RT before Christmas. Haven’t fitted it yet. Mine has a cracked top tank that’s not leaking too bad. I’m hoping it’s going to last to the better weather before I change it. Any tips on changing would be helpful. I.e does the whole front need to come off or can the rad be lifted out and the new one dropped in?

I changed mine about 5 years ago, it’s a pretty straightforward job.
I don’t recall having to dismantle the front of the car. Battery & tray out if I remember correctly to get to the lower bolts?

As per @Toyo Boyo but the top bolts (which are not called by Toyota) tend to be rusted and snap, ask me how I know. As mentioned Toyota do not call them bolts and it was one of the first jobs I did on my 80 and subsequent fitting of other radiators have also broken the 'bolts'. Mr T calls them something else so consider drowning with WD40 or such like a few days before trying to undo them and snapping them off.

EDIT: Just looked through my long running (11 plus years) thread on 'MUD' Builds - My LC 80 thread. and found the radiator bolts, they are called: 'collar radiator' and the part number is 16549-61020, but double check in case you end up with a wheel bearing!

Just googled the number: 16549-61020 Genuine Toyota Collar, Radiator Support and they are still called 'collar radiator', as an aside there is a rubber insulator around each one, if your are 'crudy' then consider getting a couple of them as well.

Regards

Dave

Last edited:
Useful info. :thumbup: Thanks guys. Out with the penetrating oil this morning then.

@StarCruiser it was one of the first things I did by myself on the 80, I think you'll be overqualified for the job! Whether it's right or not I dunno but I took the batteries and trays out for more room. I remember going into work on the Monday all proud of my achievement and the boss shot me down and said "well done fella, you undid 4 bolts"

Back