Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Replacing Anti Roll Bar links, do I need new bushes too?

mr_magicfingers

I've just bought a 2001 Colorado VX and it has broken front anti roll bar links. Milner's has replacements for £8 (down from £15) each vs Roughtrax at £21, and the photo shows that they have bushes on them. Any difference in quality between the two?

I know that usually when the bushes go you might replace them with poly bushes but in this case I'm replacing the whole link. Should I spring for the extra cost of poly bushes and take the new rubber bushes off the links or just go with the rubber bushes that come ready fitted to the links as standard. What do I gain from polybushes over brand new rubber bushes.

Also, there's not too much difference in price between Milners & the superpro bushes at roughtrax (£17 vs £19) is there much difference between the two makes?

Does the bush kit have bushes for both sides of the ARB's or do you need two kits when replacing both bars.

Thanks.

Just use the rubber bushes that come with the links and if/when they perish, you can fit Superpro bushes.

Due to a bit of a mix up I recently had some Milners and some Meyle (German make, from ebay) drop links for my 120. The 90 back links are the same as the 120 back links so I assume the fronts are pretty similar or the same.

Meyle links were about 40 quid for the pair, so a little over double Milners price. I can't tell you which is better but I can say the ball joints on the Meyle are a fair bit larger, the nuts are the "Toyota style" integrated washer variety. There is very little in the rod diameter. Meyle might be fractionally bigger, but only fractionally.

For the sake of an extra 20 quid on a car worth more than 10 grand I'm happy with my small perceived quality improvement.

Having said that I'll probably snap them this week!

My personal view on polybushes on an SUV is that they give a slightly harsher ride. I'd prefer to stick with rubber where I can, but I'm on the bumpy stuff a lot of the time.

Turns out Milner's are out of stock for a month, they phoned me after I placed my order. Have a set from roughtrax being delivered next week :)

Back