Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Residual noise from rebuilt front axle

Anwar

I'd be grateful for some advice please.

Last September I had my front axle rebuilt, as part of a whole heap of work on the truck, including £462 + VAT on a rebuilt diff - documented as new inner and outer pinion bearings. The car was a massive improvement to drive with what had been significant transmission shunt almost entirely eradicated as well as much improved steering. The axle was also quieter, but not silent and has since become a little noisier again - enough that I would like it sorted. Does anyone know where best to start with fixing? The good work so far was carried out by Julian at Overland Cruisers.

Many thanks for any thoughts.

Anwar

Are you sure it is the diff that is the source of the noise and not something else in the driveline? Have you contacted Julian to see what he recommends?

I'm fairly sure it's gear related, occurs at v specific speeds and tiny changes from throttle off-to-on invoke it. It could be something else eg transfer box, but I'm fairly sure it's still the diff. Have been trying Julian but I think he's very busy at the mo because I haven't heard anything from him on this particular issue. I'm not sure what to do.

Keep chasing Julian, he is very busy but I expect he'll be wanting to sort you out. If you don't have any luck, I rebuild diffs but I don't do the taking out and putting back in unless they're my own :shifty: Where in the world are you?

South Birmingham. Thanks for letting me know. Taking it out looks doable I think, I'd need a pro to put it back in and shim the pinion, but time is v short. I understand ring and pinion can be obtained from US. I'll keep trying JV for the time being though, thanks again

Back