Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Ripped off again

Shayne

Guru
Tried all the usual recommended companies and few besides and £1120 is the best i can get i feel like finding a Bentley and ramming it :icon-evil:

I also found out something while discussing the ludicrous cost with a broker , he said i live in a very high risk area , i said wait a minute i know a car was burnt out in this street maybe 20 years ago (belonged to the Mrs ex) but in the 12 years i've lived here nobodies car has had so much as a scratch . The broker explained that its not just vehicle claims that up cost but household claims as well . My next door neighbor claims so often i think she could call it a part time job , a new carpet every 6 months because she refuses to house train her dog ! is that what i'm paying for ?

Last edited:
Im with Nor-County Shayne and with all mods listed, fully comp on Fiery I was paying something around £280 and now with Swampy it has gone up a little. It will still be sub £350 I guess as I had to pay a £66 addition when transferring the the policy from Fiery to Swampy last week :icon-smile: Have you given them a call, they list in the Insurance section I believe :icon-smile:

Last time i did my 94 80 series ( September ) with 9 years + NCB & 3 points Chris Knott relieved me of a mere £250

Might sound a bit controversial but have you tried AF. A lot of people have slated them but I find them very competitive but you have to talk to them. £230 for 60 or 80 series, £260 for Chevy's and £290 for 100 series.
Hope you get a better quote Shane.

Andy

I knew it was going to be high because i've only had a licence for 11 months but you would think with a years ncb and 10,000 driven since passing the test it would have come down a little . I insured last year with me as the only driver despite having no licence for the same price . A very helpful gent at Knots offered to knock a hundred quid off if i parked up for a month and applied again . Seems little wonder to me an awful lot of people i know use cars like pushbikes they can buy a car a year and if they are very unlucky they might get £150 fine if they get caught and still save money .

Insurance has always been a hate for me but its something most people with brains have to have.

Handy for me now I have a traders policy.

May sound silly but try NFU that used to be good for me.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Try adding people to the policy that have had a licence for a while.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Tried that last year Rob it went up instead of down and my mrs has had a licence and driven for 30 years without a single claim !

Her policy is £600+ on a 2007 Hyundai Coupe 1.6 . Its where i live or more accurately my next door nieghbour claiming on house insurance every time she wants something new , she does it constantly . I just think its disgraceful that home insurance claims can be accepted as criteria for risk assessment of motor insurance . Thats like saying sorry your helicopter insurance has doubled because three boats sank last year ?

Last edited:
Was that with a provisional licence though? If it was may be different this year.

Also have you considered not being the main driver? Obviously you would have to reduce your share of the driving to comply with the policy ;)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Tried all the usual recommended companies and few besides and £1120 is the best i can get i feel like finding a Bentley and ramming it :icon-evil:

Been there done that......................:whistle:

Its over rated! :lol:

had a slight bump today in my 70. :thumbdown:

the ARB style bumper held up well, and only lost a slight bit of paint off the corner. :thumbup:

which is more can be said for the brand new £137,000 Bentley continental GT! :cry:

DSC_00006.jpg

http://www.landcruiserclub.net/forums/showthread.php/41417-front-ARB-style-bumper/page4

Insurance has always been a hate for me but its something most people with brains have to have.

Handy for me now I have a traders policy.

May sound silly but try NFU that used to be good for me.
I have gone back to NFU, after a 12 month break away to Highway Ins.
NFU really do seem to look after me.

Gra.

:lol:

:thumbup:

In my new country insurance is optional and not a legal requirement! :dance:

Hope you manage to find something at a more reasonable price Shayne. :thumbup:

Not quite Ben .. third party insurance is included with your rego (road tax) ;)

EDIT: Just saw you already know that!

Last edited:

Just for comparison, In my "new country" sadly, I can't get casco which is the equivalent of fully comp, so I'm limited to the legal minimum of third party (without fire & theft) costing approximately £140 per year.

There's no such thing as NCB so that's it, claims or no claims! :lol:

But do you have to have a yearly MOT style inspection? :think:

So long as I keep renewing the REGO (road tax) my cars will never need inspecting again! :dance:

I used to dread the yearly mot in the UK! :whistle:

But do you have to have a yearly MOT style inspection? :think:

So long as I keep renewing the REGO (road tax) my cars will never need inspecting again! :dance:

I used to dread the yearly mot in the UK! :whistle:

Yes of sorts, it's every 2 years but it's not as rigorous as the UK MOT test.

They do a good job at testing safety stuff though, which I like. Brakes and steering, are tested properly. They pay less attention to rust and holes in the floor! All directional and suspension joints and bushes are well checked.

Can you imagine the piles of scrap that would be driving around if we
didn't have the mot test

Have you ever seen the stuff that comes out of Western Australia?!

VIC and QLD at least require a Road Worthy when the vehicle is sold, whilst in NSW it's every year. Not sure what the script is for TAS, ACT, or NT though.

Back