Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Rivnut tools ???

thanks Gary! :clap:
what about the flush fit of end! there are several variants of that too... guess it depends on usage

also just ordered a tap-and-die set, something i have been meaning to get for years!

The one I use most generally is the splined MS one as Gary suggested. But I also have some with thinner heads for a flusher fit, some un splined ones and some of the rubber ones with the insert. Each time I order, I stick in a couple of bags of specials just to top up the variety in my box.

Chris

thanks Guys

order placed :)

still not got any tools for the lathe yet though (except an oil can!)... need to sit down sometime and figure out what i need to get me started

Come on Andy, stop dragging your heels. :roll:

Chris

Some are serated on the back surface as well :smile:

Sent from my HTC ChaCha A810e using Tapatalk 2

To keep everything rivnut in one place a quick question if i might.

I need to insert a few (14) rivnuts into some stainless and am not sure which material rivnut to use as i don't want to get corrosion when two metals don't agree with each other.

Can anyone help please.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hi Warren, Depends on the rest of the structure,
what are you attaching to the rivnuts?
you can get stainless rivnuts but size for size are not as strong as Steel?
if the components are all SS then use the SS rivnut,
big no no is Aluminum and SS,

if you like to send me a sketch on mail and I can look at it for you

If you only need a few captive nuts use Hank Nuts. all you need is a drill and hammer. But you cannot use in a blind hole.

Frank

P.S They also give a flush finish on the one side, especially if you countersink the hole in the sheet very carefully.

Frank

Back