Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

RJ 70 Sunroof

fkassim

I'm looking for a sunroof for my RJ70. If anyone has a metal or glass sunroof for sale or knows of anyone that might have one please let me know. It is the same as any other 70 series 2 door vehicle. It is a short wheel base with automatic sliding sunroof. Everythings works perfectly except that my sunroof is rusted out. All I need is the actual sunroof.

maybe try this guy, he might have one. obviously tell him your willing to suffer the postage etc.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Bundera-Pass ... 500wt_1198

try anyone whose selling bits of a bundera maybe, try lj70 and rj70 also, even bj70's from the 80's might have the same part.
use toyodiy to find the part number and then use toyodiy to compare that number to the bj70 part number for a sunroof. spend a bit of time learning how to use this site

http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/q_G_1987_T ... _RJ70.html

I was told there's plenty of them in the UK and Ireland. Just can't seem to get a hold of one.

well, there are some. i guess youll just have to keep trying donedeal.ie and ebay.co.uk

i dont know if theres an English equivalent to donedeal, ive looked but couldnt find one.

the later 90's version is more common in both countries, with the square headlights, but the older ones are around too, just stick with it i guess.

you can save searches on both sites, and get alerted when new vehicles (landcruiser breaking, for instance) come up. and that, im afraid, is all im able to tell you.

did you cross reference the part number against the Bj70? theres lots of Bj70's in Canada, maybe try ebay.ca

I've been trying your recommendations but still coming out with no results. Are they indeed that difficult to come by. All the short wheel base 70 series have the same sunroof and should interchange between one another. I've tried ebay uk, ebay canada and even ebay us but to no avail. Someone suggested just getting any Toyota sunroof and cutting the opening in the ceiling to fit the new sunroof. I was afraid that might create problems down the line. There's one breaker in Ireland (not sure if anyone knows him) his name is BJ +353831003988 that has a glass one. We talked twice and then he just doesnt pick up any more or return calls. Not sure why even though he was extremely pleasant and helpful initially. Anyone know him ?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
i'm also after an LJ70 sunroof if you find two! :)

I need one too now, mine cracked last night! :thumbdown:

Anyone know if its just a flat piece of laminated glass? Could I just get a replacement cut?

mines been cracked for a while aswell. :thumbdown:

ModelMakerMan said:

Anyone know if its just a flat piece of laminated glass? Could I just get a replacement cut?

good idea, i hadnt thought of that. :think:

Mate if you find somewhere to cut you one cheap get a second one for me please! :pray:

Have you had yours out to have a look at the glass at all?

will do. :thumbup:

theres a few glass companies that i use at work, so should get a good discount. ;)

mine is very badly cracked. :thumbdown:

not sure how clear it is in the pics. :?

SAM_0739.jpg

SAM_0738.jpg

you wouldnt believe how many times ive asked Karl if hes got me a sunroof yet. he knows when ever he speaks to me, thats the first thing i will ask him. :lol:

might try taking mine out this weekend. :thumbup:

ModelMakerMan said:

the glass on the sunroof is convex, so i dont think a flat piece of glass would work. :thumbdown:

Back