Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Road Angel Adventurer 7000 GPS

Andrew Prince

I am selling my road angel satnav. This was quite advanced for its day as it functions as a regular satnav but also runs OS maps for greenlaning.

Its a few years old now and technology has overtaken it a bit but still a decent unit if anyones interested?

Seehere for the manufacturer's description: http://www.road-angel-uk.co.uk/road-angel-adventurer-7000.php
If there is any interest I can add some pics.

Looking for £50 Ono plus postage

Cheers,

Does it let you go to a Windows CE desktop so you can run other programs? If it does, do you know what version of CE it is?

Honest answer is I don't know, Jon - I will look at the paperwork and see if it sheds any light.
I basically had one half-hearted attempt to set it up on a home laptop running Windows ME (I think) and the two refused to be friends, so I gave up. That was the sum total of my experience on the software side...

Just for clarity, I'm not all that bothered if it can talk to a PC or not, but if it's possible to get to a Windows CE 'desktop' on the device itself then I'd be interested. It may not be running CE but I suspect it will be. Some devices only let you access the programs already on the device and some will let you tinker with your own ...

It may not be running CE but I suspect it will be. Some devices only let you access the programs already on the device and some will let you tinker with your own ...
I'm a bit lost here, Jon - this tech stuff is beyond me. How can I check/test whether it runs CE and whether it allows tinkering?

If none of the buttons are doing it then it probably doesn't support it. I just had a quick google and can't see anything suggesting you can get to the WindowsCE interface / desktop :( Some devices have a button or menu item to do it.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back