Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Rocker Shaft needed

Been working on this since last speaking, camShaft is ok, valves ok, head is ok, pistons are ok, it's just everything in the middle. We need a complete rocker shaft assembly, bridges etc.
Bertsky were you in the same position? And if so is the 13901-17010 the complete assembley, bridges etc or are the bits all separate?
Has no one a seized engine lying anywhere?
I'll post a photo later of the cog that slackened causing the problem.
Would love the landcruiser on the road again all and any help appreciated, thanks guys.

On the assumption that the bottom half has survived, my opinion is that you need a replacement head assembly. You cant buy the caps and s/hand ones wont work on another head.

Roger

Been working on this since last speaking, camShaft is ok, valves ok, head is ok, pistons are ok, it's just everything in the middle. We need a complete rocker shaft assembly, bridges etc.
Bertsky were you in the same position? And if so is the 13901-17010 the complete assembley, bridges etc or are the bits all separate?
Has no one a seized engine lying anywhere?
I'll post a photo later of the cog that slackened causing the problem.
Would love the landcruiser on the road again all and any help appreciated, thanks guys.
Broke 4 bridges, a camshaft cap, bent 4 intake valves and 1 exhaust valve and rocker shaft. No problem with pistons. Gotta buy it by piece as there is no set available. Oh, that part number is for the shaft only. I suggest you wait till my parts arrive so that you can be sure that they would work on your engine too.

Last edited:
On the assumption that the bottom half has survived, my opinion is that you need a replacement head assembly. You cant buy the caps and s/hand ones wont work on another head.

Roger

Nobody seems to be listening Roger... :think:

I agree totally with Rodger.

That's why I'm very surprised to hear you can buy the parts.

I have a couple of scrap heads that I have tried to get sorted out a few times but I always here the same thing that parts can't be bought for them.

Last edited:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Rocker shaft, intake and exhaust valves, valve bridges and camshaft bearings just arrived from Japan. All genuine toyota parts. Thank you guys for the fair warning, hope I can prove you wrong. Long live our cruisers!

Hi Bertsky.
Can you upload a photo of the bits please along with the contact details of the supplier.

Thanks in advance.
Karl

Camshaft, camshaft bearings, valves, rocker shaft, rockers and valve bridges, valve guides etc. are all listed seperately on the EPC so they must be available. Maybe some dealers just can't be bothered to source them?

Rocker shaft, intake and exhaust valves, valve bridges and camshaft bearings just arrived from Japan. All genuine toyota parts. Thank you guys for the fair warning, hope I can prove you wrong. Long live our cruisers!

I hope you are proved right too, that must have been a hefty investment! :think:

Alright bertsky? We are patiently waiting for an update. Did the parts fit ok? Was it value?
I have a very sorry looking truck wanting to know if your www.amayama.com can help.

Let us know how you got on?

thanks

james

Here are the pics of the valve bridges,valve rocker shaft and valves. In a week or two you will know if they fit...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    530.9 KB · Views: 84
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    473.3 KB · Views: 173
Back