Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Romania 2015

Thanks for that, I'll give it a go!

Ok, that's much better!

I'll put the pic after this text because I can't get them to post inline, but I know that road very well at "my end" which is Paltinu (the hydro reservoir) and there it's asphalt for sure. But, I've never been too far north on it and I notice that it's not the main Brasov road which I know is asphalt all the way. It splits off (and back on several times) but looks like it dwindles to track further up!

It it looks very promising indeed! I'll give it a try this summer, and report back!

If you look at the 101 S to the left on my pic, I can pick up that road from a dirt track all the way from my house, I do that run quite regularly. There's a nice little detour up "the hill" on the right (going north east) that gives a great view all around that area. I've posted several pics from there, and my avitar pic was taken on that run. Luvit! :lol:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    906.1 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:
just check the countdown clock and i have done it wrong, should have been the 15th not the 5th

fix it now

:laughing-rolling:

Now we'll have to change ours too, otherwise we'll be early :lol: Lucky you spotted that !

I was supposed to be home this weekend but I've had to stay in Qatar longer.

Otherwise I would have checked out the DJ 102 I northbound to see what type of road it is further up. Never mind, plenty of time yet, and now an extra 10 days, to boot :icon-biggrin:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
the house looks great, i am looking forward to seeing all the hard work u have done to the place

got my new tyres on friday 265x75x16 a/t BFG only a bit smaller than the 285 mud BFG ones i have on at this time

Just been looking at your pics Clive and all i can say is thats the stuff dreams are made of :icon-cool:

Well Shayne & ratrace, I've lived in suburbia in Birmingham and it was OK not knowing anything else, then I got divorced and moved to wild West Wales not far from the coast Cardigan way, lived in a tiny village (Hermon y Glogue) for 10 years. That was a culture shock, foreign language and very different scenery, but there was the sea and hills, the Preseli mountains which started me into mountain biking big time! Then I moved to the Swansea area (Grovesend) had lots of spare time on my hands so I did a lot of windsurfing and small boat sailing down on the Gower. Actually, I lived in my car on the beach at Oxwich Bay for three months one Summer!

Anyway, I took a short 15 month contract in Romania, just for some overseas experience and that turned into a four year contract, during which time I met the present Mrs.H (and last!) and the rest is history.

People ask why I live in Romania. The answer is, why not? It's got everything I need and more, and although I'm no better off financially than most, I can have a good life on the money. We bought the house in 2005 for the equivalent of about £50k (which wouldn't have bought so much as a small plot in the UK) and I love it! There's real mountains close by (up to 2,500m above sea level) with cable cars to take you up, which is great for downhill biking in the summer and skiing in the winter.

Picking up the 80 in 2006 was an accident, I just wanted a 4x4 to get up to the house in all weathers, and dropped on the Truck being sold by an English guy in Bucharest. After buying it, I did some research and realized I owned one of the best off-roaders ever made. So after a few mods, I'm as free as a bird on the mountains.

I hope you both and the others will still be able to come in 2015! I'm going to swat up on exploring some tracks this year, then I hope I can get some time off to spend with you guys. There's plenty of room for campers at my place and by then I'll get at least 4 rooms ready for anyone who doesn't want to camp. BBQ, some beers, plenty of stories. That's the plan, anyway.:thumbup: Ha, ha, you can tell I'm away from home, rambling on like this... sorry! :shifty: :whistle:

Last edited:
this is a trip i have wanted to do for a couple of years

so unless there is a major problem

i will be there

That's the way! Do you still have a place in Bulgaria ratrace? We have an office in Sofia that I go to from time to time. Apart from some friends living at Giurgiu near the border and a quick hop across the Danube down to Russe, I don't know Bulgaria very well. Went to Sunny Bay at Varna once... or was it Golden Sands, don't remember. The beer was 30p a pint I do remember that! :thumbup:

I know what your saying Clive i've lost count of the places i've lived and i couldn't even tell you how many different schools i went to but i've certainly landed on my feet as they say , our place may not be nearly as glamorous as yours but when i shut the front door i know i'm home . I imagine like me you recognize that somewhere deep inside you is a sort of regret that you can't share what you have now with those you left behind . I will be there if for no other reason the country intrigues me and i may never get another chance to see it . Helen's idea of a holiday is 2 weeks of lounging by a pool in the sun doing nothing :scared-eek:

no sold it and with a good profit

Paid £5000 in total

4 years work doing up cost £36000

sold 78000

blood nice

lookiing for another to play with

It's not so glam Shayne, it's made of wood an looks cute, but it's just a house! The place... err location is rural and scenic, that's the main thing. Or rather, close by is scenic, but there are views from the house. It's just so natural around there, that's why I like it. My job is 100% hectic and stressful, so to go there for a w/e lets me just relax, breathe and recharge, so to speak!

Playing with with the truck is just a bonus!:dance:

Back