Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Romania 2015

no sold it and with a good profit

Paid £5000 in total

4 years work doing up cost £36000

sold 78000

blood nice

lookiing for another to play with

I suppose they're getting rarer to find at the right price these days...

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I've come very late to this thread (and yes I have read all the pages) and would be very interested in joining up. Now, for me over a year in advance is essentially a lifetime so who knows where we'll all be then, but having something to plan for would be great. I may even have finished my Cruiser by then. Probably be just me, not sure that current Mrs Chris would come nor teenage daughter. Obviously I'd have a good drive to the coast first as some others have. It would be good to have a co driver so I'll see if she'll come. Not having done this before I could use a check list at some point - insurance, odd documents that I have never heard of, registering this that and the other headlight diverters, GB sticker yadda yadda

Imagine a convoy of Cruisers sweeping down through Europe. It would be magnificent.

This is shaping up to be a really great trip - I don't think I will be able to make it though as I have a wedding on in Fiji around the same time. I'd much rather be be on this trip though - just don't tell SWMBO :oops:

I've come very late to this thread (and yes I have read all the pages) and would be very interested in joining up. Now, for me over a year in advance is essentially a lifetime so who knows where we'll all be then, but having something to plan for would be great. I may even have finished my Cruiser by then. Probably be just me, not sure that current Mrs Chris would come nor teenage daughter. Obviously I'd have a good drive to the coast first as some others have. It would be good to have a co driver so I'll see if she'll come. Not having done this before I could use a check list at some point - insurance, odd documents that I have never heard of, registering this that and the other headlight diverters, GB sticker yadda yadda

Imagine a convoy of Cruisers sweeping down through Europe. It would be magnificent.

This is great news (for me at any rate) :clap: Bravo Chris!

I think I should update the "potentials" list.

Very sad to see grantw unable to come, and I confirm, not a word to the missus!!

i was talking with my wife on this trip and she seemed interested but wondered if the other people on the trip would mine a child around the 1 year old stage coming? thoughts please. Dont mind what is said would be good to hear other thoughts on small babys on trips.

stu

i was talking with my wife on this trip and she seemed interested but wondered if the other people on the trip would mine a child around the 1 year old stage coming? thoughts please. Dont mind what is said would be good to hear other thoughts on small babys on trips.

stu
No problem for me, if the baby cries in the night I'll just turn my hearing aids off. :lol:

Stu - around the 1 year old stage - summer 2015 trip :think: are congratulations in order by any chance :thumbup:

yes shane we are expecting a liitle girl in july. this is why i am missing out on my plans for this year as she would be way to young and it would be nice to tell her on your first birthday you were in romania i think.
just not sure about stopping alot as they say kids cant be in car seats for more then 2 hours at a time? so might have to meet at certain places alonf the way.

stu

I think it's generally ok as long as you park far enough away at night :dance::whistle:

We have a 1 year old toerag in this house that is just getting his feet and i'm sure if i brought him along he would lead us all into mischief . Although i think he would enjoy the trip , and i see no reason why you shouldn't bring her along , personally i wouldn't because the demands of a 1 year old are exhausting enough even without leaving home .

I've just cobbled this together, so if there's any maybe's that are confirmed, or confirmed's that should be maybe's, or any other errors, please let me know.

ratrace has set the date now so I've removed the optional dates.

Great stuff!

Romania 2015-4.PNG

Also, truck details and names would be preferred if disclosure isn't a problem (optional).

Last edited:
We have a 1 year old toerag in this house that is just getting his feet and i'm sure if i brought him along he would lead us all into mischief . Although i think he would enjoy the trip , and i see no reason why you shouldn't bring her along , personally i wouldn't because the demands of a 1 year old are exhausting enough even without leaving home .

yes your right its our first so dont even know how we would feel about doing the trip to be fair.

kids are no problem with me at all

Not having done this before I could use a check list at some point - insurance, odd documents that I have never heard of, registering this that and the other headlight diverters, GB sticker yadda yadda

Any Q's just ask and you will get the help

This will get u started

http://www.theaa.com/motoring_advice/touring_tips/compulsory_equipment.pdf

Driving in Hungary

http://www.theaa.com/motoring_advice/touring_tips/hungary.pdf

Driving in Romania

http://www.theaa.com/motoring_advice/touring_tips/romania.pdf

Kids are welcome at our place, for the record. We've even got a 5 yr old one of our own! :icon-biggrin:

Back