Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Romania 2015

The ridge ? is that the plains of heaven where Ram stood on your roof rack to take a vid and we drove downhill for about 25 minutes to reach the top of a ski slope ? If so i took plenty of pics with Helen's ipad which has been ignored since as i thought you had loaded them all to a memory stick .

The ridge ? is that the plains of heaven where Ram stood on your roof rack to take a vid and we drove downhill for about 25 minutes to reach the top of a ski slope ? If so i took plenty of pics with Helen's ipad which has been ignored since as i thought you had loaded them all to a memory stick .

Err, I do believe you're right Shayne :whistle::oops:

A senior moment there, Ok, I'll go for a rummage... see what I can find...

The ipad just winds me up but i'm sure Helen would post some if she wasn't at work so don't worry if you can't find them .

I don't think I came with you on the ridge trip. I stayed at the house because I was knackered.

I don't think I came with you on the ridge trip. I stayed at the house because I was knackered.

I do recall that was your day of vacation Chas, or more like vacating...a sort of human oil-change I think, you know, with no sump plug, it all went south... big-time :lol:

True enough, it was just Shayne & Helen, Ram and me. I like Shayne's description though... "the plains of heaven" not far from the truth... note to self, make sure Chas (and others) don't miss out on this in 2016...

Romania 2015 - the Plains of Heaven - Riding the ridge from Secaria to Azuga...

OK, here goes, photos courtesy of Helen and Shayne and the infamous iPad... that Shayne loves so much...

Not quite the start, which was from Secaria village, along the track by the stream, then a left turn north westish and the start of the climb...

IMG_0215.JPG

IMG_0218.JPG

IMG_0217.JPG

A short iPad video of that part...

IMG_0220.jpg

Shayne's house (to be) for retirement...

IMG_0226.jpg

The view back over Comarnic Village

IMG_0227.JPG

IMG_0231.JPG

Ana making a nuisance of herself at Helen's window...:icon-rolleyes: (She took a shine to Helen, bless her)

IMG_0236.JPG

IMG_0238.JPG

IMG_0239.JPG

Ram took this panorama from the roof of my truck...

IMG_0241.JPG

IMG_0244.JPG

IMG_0246.JPG

Shayne's "unstoppable" 90... :lol:

IMG_0248.JPG

IMG_0250.JPG

IMG_0255.JPG

These shots are looking North east across to Valea Doftane (that's another nice off-road track down in the valley to Secele just outside Brasov).

IMG_0259.JPG

IMG_0261.JPG

Oh, that's a nice looking Truck... I wonder who's...?

IMG_0263.JPG

Ram's 80... wiith the modded front of Shayne's 90 peeping in shot...

IMG_0265.JPG

Ram again....

IMG_0266.JPG

And the Shaynemobile...

IMG_0268.JPG

IMG_0269.JPG

The view across the Prahova Valley of Bucegi with the cross on top... (I'm cheating really, this shot was taken in July :eusa-naughty:)

IMG_5074.JPG

IMG_0271.JPG

And onwards to Azuga. We dropped down the descent from about 1800m to the top of the ski slopes at Azuga Ski Resort, and then made our way down the narrow track (with a vertical drop on the left side) to the forest road...

IMG_0272.JPG

A nice little descent through the forest...

IMG_0274.JPG

And that was that, a run along the river when we got to the bottom, through Azuga Village and out onto the DN1 national road for the ride home, BBQ and beers...

Last edited:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Once again pics just don't do it justice i tried and failed to capture just a hint of where we were on camera but i don't think anyone could . Notice the sheep on the hill 2 pics up from Clive's truck , that was an attempt to put things into perspective as they were very close to us such was the vast scale of our surroundings .

Once again pics just don't do it justice i tried and failed to capture just a hint of where we were on camera but i don't think anyone could . Notice the sheep on the hill 2 pics up from Clive's truck , that was an attempt to put things into perspective as they were very close to us such was the vast scale of our surroundings .

:animals-dogrun::text-baaa::animals-dogrun:

Looks like I missed out on a good days drive.
sad-012.gif

The ridge and the forest were the 2 days i enjoyed the most and i did point out to Clive that it would be a good idea to test the areas to dangerous to try alone with us there to save him :icon-biggrin: maybe next year :whistle:

Last edited:
The ridge and the forest were the 2 days i enjoyed the most and i did point out to Clive that it would be a good idea to test the areas to dangerous to try alone with us there to save him :icon-biggrin: maybe next year :whistle:
It was a good idea Shayne, but we seemed to run right out of time before we even started! :crazy:

I have some other routes in mind for next year, so those will be researched before the event. My overall view is if I can do it alone with confidence, then it will be even safer in a group. I don't want anyone to break their trucks or worse, get injured, so they will all be doable without too much risk. :thumbup:

looks fantastic guys, really sorry I missed it. had the time booked off work and everything, but some rather major domestic issues mean I've been off radar for a while and had to miss this.:icon-cry:

Welcome back Moggy sorry for your troubles hope things have settled now and Romania is happening again next year :thumbup:

Ratrace started a Romania 2016 thread .

Yes, welcome back moggy.

Our place is open house as usual, if it suits what folks want, with some guided run-outs in this area.

I would need it to be within the school holiday period, which ends around 14 September 2016.

Hope you can make it!

i might be back in May next year as i am working on a deal with a guide who lives in Veliko Tarnovo in Bulgaria. we are looking at the North East corner of Romania as neither one of us has been to that area before.

Clive

So the 1st 2 weeks in September 2016 would work for you very well as it would be the end of the school holiday time

i might be back in May next year as i am working on a deal with a guide who lives in Veliko Tarnovo in Bulgaria. we are looking at the North East corner of Romania as neither one of us has been to that area before.

Clive

So the 1st 2 weeks in September 2016 would work for you very well as it would be the end of the school holiday time

Yep, I would imagine that would work for us Mike.

You'll enjoy Sucava (that's NE) in May, there might even be some snow left on the higher hills/mountains. :thumbup:

I have been to Romania with him before so it will be fun, so should get lost a lot ( i hope we do) should get a few night of wild camping as well. He is taking his beloved TD5 and i will the 300tdi which i know is good motor

Am thinking of flying into Sofia and a coach up to Veliko Tarnovo and he will meet me there

Last edited:
Back