Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Romania 2015

Have we an estimated cost for this. I'd like to show an interest.

How much stuff you needing Clive ? Lol

Hey Karl,

Does that mean we can put you in as a maybe?

And, as you ask (tee hee) a front axle (preferred complete) and a gearbox, both for a manual ..... can you PM me some prices if you have them please? Subject to the very kind offers of transport that I've had...:shock:

Cheers! :icon-biggrin:

Being cheeky now, if I put Karl as a maybe, .... maybe he'll come!

Update:

Romania 2015.jpg

if we left this month

As we will all land in Calais or there abouts i have work it out from there via the shortest route

Calais to DN1, Comarnic, Romania = 1423 miles

i will take the land rover as the LC is home car

Land rover does about 29- 33 miles to 4.5 liters (1 gallon) 1423 /30 =216 litres = ASDA price £1.35 per litre =£291 each way

fuel while we are there say for me £40 per day at worst 8 days = £320

food+drink = say £20 per day = £160

tax disc say 2 weeks = for Austria, Hungary about 40 euro's unknown for Romania but a guess 20 euro's

Ferry top price say £100 max

For me 3 camp sites on the way and back say another £120

so that £1320 called it £1500 plus spenting money

My last trip to portugal cost me £1900 for 2 weeks

so nice for me

Last edited:
No preference on time of year for me Clive, I'm retired remember. every day's a holiday. :dance:

Oh Chas, stop rubbing it in that you're free as a bird! :?

I'd give anything to leave work and choose what to do each day! :dance:

I'll mark you accordingly :roll:

With it being 2015 it gives me plenty of time to save and get my truck up to scratch.im watching the pennies as per usual for future commitments.
I keep saying I want to do a trip so maybe I should stop saying I want to do one and instead actually do it.
I'm happy as a maybe for now.
Ill let you know Clive about the bits and drop you a pm.
Regarding when you go doesn't really make any difference to me as long as its decided before hand so it can be added to the diary.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
With it being 2015 it gives me plenty of time to save and get my truck up to scratch.im watching the pennies as per usual for future commitments.
I keep saying I want to do a trip so maybe I should stop saying I want to do one and instead actually do it.
Regarding when you go doesn't really make any difference to me as long as its decided before hand so it can be added to the diary.

Thanks Karl, I'll wait for some prices.

Good to see you on the list, even as a maybe!

And whilst I'd prefer high summer, end May has it's own attractions, as Jon and Gav know ;-)

Cheers

Tick - 2015 is a strong possible - may do this just prior to Mongolia or do a carry on and meet up with the Mongolia mob if dates are good...

i think its going to be August due the weather in Romania will close some of the passes

been looking at the trails in the area and there a few that go up into the mountains like this one

Screenshot (21).jpg

Tick - 2015 is a strong possible - may do this just prior to Mongolia or do a carry on and meet up with the Mongolia mob if dates are good...

A strong possible is defo better than a maybe! Welcome!

Update:

Romania 2015-2.jpg

about this area in the box

View attachment 9318

Ah, ha! I'm currently looking at a run from a village called Seceria going due north which would take us to precisely there, if I'm lucky! The track I can see on Google maps hybrid, shows a track all the way and maintaining the ridge for most of it.

Ah, ha! I'm currently looking at a run from a village called Seceria going due north which would take us to precisely there, if I'm lucky! The track I can see on Google maps hybrid, shows a track all the way and maintaining the ridge for most of it.

This is Secaria:

image.jpg

If you look for the red roof, to the right of it is a bridge. A left turn after the bridge takes you up the valley. You can see the track in the photo heading towards 10 o'clock. That's pretty much due north.

From where this photo is taken I can see Bucegi which is the top of the mountain at Busteni. (It has a cross on the top 32 m tall made from railway rails).

As usual, after posting, this is as clear as mud! :lol:

Try this....

image.jpg

To the left of the front passenger mirror (remembering it's LHD) you can see a track. Continue your eye projecting the 10 o'clock direction, there's a line of trees (darker green) and the slightly whitish peak is Bucegi at Busteni on your map! Bingo! :lol:

Secaria, by the way, is a short off-road and short on road trip from my house, half an hour or so. We could also pick up the 'hill' where I took the photos from, earlier today.

Last edited:
Back