Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Romania 2018 - Comarnic Visit

A doubtful-maybe Clive is indeed fair at this time , but as the departure date approaches i would not be surprised at all if she does an about turn and starts telling me off because this needs done and that needs done before the departure date .

Dates don't matter to me because i can only sack myself and Helen's quite flexible , the real fly in the soup is her limited time to take holidays , she wants to take the kids here and she want's to go there and a week on the road feels like lost time to her .

So I'm just sitting back and seeing how things evolve , I'd like us to do a week in the Tabernas or somewhere else sometime so maybe if it fits with her plans i will do that instead .

You know me i'm such a stickler for plans i'd enter a war zone today and worry about it tomorrow :)

A doubtful-maybe Clive is indeed fair at this time , but as the departure date approaches i would not be surprised at all if she does an about turn and starts telling me off because this needs done and that needs done before the departure date .

Dates don't matter to me because i can only sack myself and Helen's quite flexible , the real fly in the soup is her limited time to take holidays , she wants to take the kids here and she want's to go there and a week on the road feels like lost time to her .

So I'm just sitting back and seeing how things evolve , I'd like us to do a week in the Tabernas or somewhere else sometime so maybe if it fits with her plans i will do that instead .

You know me i'm such a stickler for plans i'd enter a war zone today and worry about it tomorrow :)

All appreciated Shayne, especially limited time available to spend time with the kids... :thumbup:

(I’m posting this from a hotel room in Istanbul, if you see the connection... :icon-rolleyes: :cry:)

I earned myself an ear bashing already by showing her what i wrote , apparently the main thing is the daughters having another midget so that has something to do with it :wtf: i thought they came ready mix and you just pop it in the oven for a couple of hours or something :icon-confused:

@clivehorridge
It's not looking good for Mrs AM and I now. My dad's asked us to go down to Spain (where he's just moved to) and it looks like I'll have to sacrifice the trip to yours for a trip to Spain. Every cloud...

Thank you for the marvellous offer and I hope we'll get the chance next year.

Would any of the chaps who attended last year give me a little of advice on what you needed for the trip? Not kit wise I mean like passes for certain countries and how they got them? Are any immunisations needed? Or anything you found along the way which you didn't know before you set off? Thanks in advance

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
@clivehorridge
It's not looking good for Mrs AM and I now. My dad's asked us to go down to Spain (where he's just moved to) and it looks like I'll have to sacrifice the trip to yours for a trip to Spain. Every cloud...

Thank you for the marvellous offer and I hope we'll get the chance next year.

No worries Josh, sorry you won’t be coming, but the offer’s there if plans change, August is a fair way off after all.

Lucky dad moving to Spain, I say!

Enjoy!

Austria Hungary and Romania need a vignet. Austria I bought at a petrol station. Hungary over the internet the night before and Romania over the internet a day late but not had any bills...
I took out 200 euros just in case (spent it on fags mostly) and to pay for campsites etc. You need 50 cents for a pee at service stations!!!

Austria Hungary and Romania need a vignet. Austria I bought at a petrol station. Hungary over the internet the night before and Romania over the internet a day late but not had any bills...
I took out 200 euros just in case (spent it on fags mostly) and to pay for campsites etc. You need 50 cents for a pee at service stations!!!

Cheers Nick I've seen romania you can pay online so I'll look for the others too. 50 cents??! George will have to be on rations for pees

Will see you Clive when i will back passing you way on another wild camping week in 2019 and hopfully you pop out with us for a few nights
But Turkey 1st

Sorry to say, with Josh and Nick not coming, the onus of bringing Galaxy and unsmoked bacon will be on you Chas :lol:

Will see you Clive when i will back passing you way on another wild camping week in 2019 and hopfully you pop out with us for a few nights
But Turkey 1st

2019 should be easier to plan Mike, we’d love to see and spend a weekend with you, or more if it falls within the school holidays.

I’m hoping to get to a Lincomb meet in 2019 too, its a bucket list item, so we can meet up again there as well, I hope. :lol:

Sorry to say, with Josh and Nick not coming, the onus of bringing Galaxy and unsmoked bacon will be on you Chas :lol:
My pleasure Clive, must get the fridge fixed first, it's gone on the blink.

The trip itself is no big deal really Josh just imagine driving from Lands end to Jon 'o' groatsback and forth for 3 days . Keep the vignette website on your phone and buy a 10 day pass so it it covers the return journey to and that's about it .

We all use ADAC for European breakdown cover because it cost less than 100 Euros for 12 months (and covers the UK to) .

No idea about money i just took a cashcard but the mrs is blonde so she took and returned with a handbag full of Euro and Romanian Lei :icon-rolleyes:

Cash is good though some camps won't accept cards and £50 worth of Lei will save trips to the local cash machine and would likely have cops turn a blind eye to murder should it fall out of the glove box while you get papers . You will find it almost impossible to spend that much .

I hope I'm coming Clive I booked the days of this morning :fearscream: don't worry I have an area in the fridge for galaxy and bacon

Well, we hope you’re coming as well Josh, Iv’e fcuk’d-up big time here, and mixed @AnimalMother ’s message that they won’t be coming with yours.

Many apologies :icon-redface:

OK, so I get double dose of Galaxy and unsmoked bacon :dance:

No worries Josh, sorry you won’t be coming, but the offer’s there if plans change, August is a fair way off after all.

Enjoy!

So, to my embarrassment, with apologies, I’ll try again...

No worries AM, sorry you won’t be coming, but the offer’s there if plans change, August is a fair way off after all.

So, we seem to have 2 firm “yes’s” Chas & Josh, that’s a good start, any more offers?

Back