Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Romania, Retizat Mountains and the Transalpina

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just set Firefox as the default browser. IE10 is not running at all.

When you moved to Firefox did you disable IE10 Reinhard , i'm inclined to think IE10 is the route of most problems so i didn't want it running in the background at all .

Click start , control panel , add and remove programs , in the top right corner it says turn windows features on or off , click that and deselect EI10 , I also deselected windows gadget platform but thats because i dont like gadgets . I've not had a problem since .

DSCN1531.jpg It really is hard to describe, I've lots of pictures and they look kind of 'flat' compared to the real thing, though being a crap photographer with a bad camera mightn't help!

I'd say there is interest in the report because most people dismiss that part of Europe as dull and bleak for some reason and listen to all the 'bad hype'. I'd say your a bit like me and love reading other peoples trip reports, and I always notice they blast on through Romania/Bulgaria to get somewhere 'more exciting' further east and its an awful shame because they miss so much.

Most of the travelling I've done over the years has been eastern Europe and the Balkans,but my partner spent a year in Oz and time in the USA and Thailand and she reckons there is very little to compare to some of the sights.

That's called the yellow gorge, natural erosion, that's where the path went a couple years ago

Here's a couple more, sorry Clive if I'm stealing your thread!
DSCN1609.jpg

That's the Remet Gorge, you have to swim/wade because it so narrow in place.

DSCN1120.jpgDSCN1120.jpg

Transfagarasan of Top Gear fame

DSCN1237.jpg

Backroads travel and for anybody that likes that kind of thing there are miles of roads like that, and they are proper roads with signs!

DSCN1184.jpg

Backroads bridge!!

DSCN1543.jpg

Horses on the 'main' road

DSCN1936.jpg

Damn scary main main road to Targa Jiu down along the spectacular Targa gorge

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hey Yogi, keep em commin'! Just loving your pictures!

I like the way they reconstruct a bridge on the National Roads. They remove one carriageway of the deck and simply put a "closed" sign right on the egde at 90 degrees to the direction of travel.

At night, doing 100 kph you see these chevron signs and know damn well that a foot the other side of it is a sheer drop! They do come as a surprise the first few times.

You're not stealing anything, the poor thread is dead anyway.

Thanks everyone for the tips, I'm going to have another go with a fresh Thread.

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back