Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Roof tent for sale - Autohome Columbus Variant Medium XL

Scott

For sale is my Autohome Columbus Variant Medium XL hardshell roof tent.

Its the special order XL model, so its 2.3m long which is great for taller campers, and the medium size, so its 1.45m wide. This gives great internal space and is the perfect size for a Land Cruiser.

I bought the tent brand new, so its a one owner tent. It comes complete with the access ladder, ladder bag (allows the ladder to be stored inside the tent when not in use), mattress (unmarked), and 4x mounting clamps. I have a 10mm thick mesh underneath the mattress which allows for airflow and provides additional cushioning, which is also included. I should have the original pillows stored (somewhere) in the house, which can go with the tent as well (subject to me digging them out!).

The tent is in great condition inside and out, and is extremely fast to put up and take down. The ladder, and all bedding remain inside the tent when closed.

The tent is located in South Essex, and has been listed here first. I will list elsewhere soon, so please do get in touch if you are interested.

£1700.

IMG_2220.JPG

IMG_2222.JPG

IMG_2229.JPG

IMG_2231.JPG

IMG_2234.JPG

IMG_2237.JPG

IMG_2241.JPG

IMG_2242.JPG

IMG_2250.JPG

IMG_1096.JPG

Ahh I'd have loved that but there's simply no funds at all at the present. I think it's a great design.

however, let me see what I can scrape up. So first dibs if I may be so bold.

you wernt just trundling down the 414 at st albans to hatfield were you scott? thread jack over

Not me sadly, no outings in the Cruiser planned for 2020, lockdown and family circumstances have put a hold on Cruiser activities. However, the Cruiser is fresh out of extended winter hibernation, and has gone on its holidays without us! A good friends tow vehicle needs an engine rebuild, which left him in need of something to haul an overland camp trailer. So he has borrowed the Cruiser for a month. To my knowledge they’re pitched up in Kent and the Cruiser was in Folkstone today, but you never know. I’ll ask him when I speak to him next.

He must be a pretty good friend if you are happy to lend him your truck @Scott . Not sure i'd let anyone out of the drive in mine.

Where did you get your front tow eyes BTW?

Hi is a good friend, known each other since childhood. I trust him, we’re similar and I know he’ll look after it. We’ve camped together many times over recent years as family units, so he knows the truck. It’s better it gets used than stand for 18 months.

The front recovery eyes are from Oz, FNB 4WD fitted them for me when Chris owned the company. They’re not complicated,and could be made by someone locally with suitable skills and equipment.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Snap on the towing eyesAB1988A2-2295-4309-BAE4-EACFDE891031.jpeg

I could make those at work. Can't remember the bolt centres. Something like 95mm??

I assume the roof tent sold months ago , but if not let me know. Thanks.

Back