Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

roof tent recommendations

There are a few basics You should decide on first.
Hardshell? Yes or No?
Size -> how many should it sleep?

There are a few basics You should decide on first.
Hardshell? Yes or No?
Size -> how many should it sleep?
Have already decide hard shell because it will stay on the LC and other one will stay on the LR
Only me but getting a bit of a gut now
Getting older so a hardtop would make my life a lot easier for me in future remember these must last for at least 10 years

My Autohome is 12 years old now. Never seen indoors. Yearround outdoors. Even now is on the roof of my garage under the snow. I love it!:)

I have an old Maggi Columbus. Does not see the indoor
Another good brand worth considering is James Baroud

As it is established that it will be a Hardshell, how shall it be hinged?
Front only?
Does the RTT need to carry any load?

AluCab among others do Alloy Hard shell RTT

I have a JB on my trailer - they are very good on after sales - I bought it this time last year and it was a good few years old then, (mounted on trailer, prev on a Nissan Patrol) perhaps 8 or so? comfy, easy to use and well built

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
i hope stan you are not trying sell me this as that is a flip hard top and i have use one of them last year on top of a van and its not to my liking.
Alu-Cab Generation 3 Expedition Tent
£3,350.00

i hope stan you are not trying sell me this as that is a flip hard top and i have use one of them last year on top of a van and its not to my liking.
Alu-Cab Generation 3 Expedition Tent
£3,350.00

Ok sorry.

thats ok but over £3000 just for a few weeks a year is just not worth it and i need two

done a good deal with a uk base dealer for 2x roof tents
thanks everyone for there input

The IKAMPER has been making the rounds in the medis lately.

I did consider it from a vendors point of view.
With the Chinese Ex factory list price in mind, I recon it would not sell in huge numbers...

The IKAMPER has been making the rounds in the medis lately.

I did consider it from a vendors point of view.
With the Chinese Ex factory list price in mind, I recon it would not sell in huge numbers...

Someone tagged me on FB on it looks to be quite a decent idea with the folding hardtop hybrid design.
Didn't look at prices though... I'm sure it's Maggioalina territory

check the spec
just seen one of the vids and it weighs 150lbs + 2 persons or more that is a lot of weight on my roof bars

Back