Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

roof tents and awnings

I really don't struggle taking it down. I can do it very quickly on y own and even faster if I am with a c driver. Flapping? I have camped in Scotland in the winter and at 01.00 in the morning actually closed it with a ratchet strap found more shelter and set up again. I really did think I was be swept away. Uh Oh, I don't think we're in Kansas anymore. But it took the beating. But it was like trying to sleep in a jet engine. Maybe if I wait a bit longer someone will come up with the perfect solution. I know it will be cheap.

That outer cover used to yank my chain

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Onced nearly got divorced when the toggle on zip snapped and zip got snagged in fabric (the air was blue ) it took some mole grips /swearing/sweat to get the outer cover off , oh the joys

Interesting reading above. I have truly tested my Hannibal with the Jumbo Tourer kit for 8 months going down Africa.

To be honest we only had the Tourer up for 15 nights and it served the purpose to keep the rain out!

When the wind picked up it turned into a sail, luckily it was a warm dry night and I just bundled it up and shoved in into the back seat. About 20 minutes later I had to climb all over the roofrack to get the fly sheet loose as this was also creating enough lift as a boeing!

Finally got our heads down at 2 in the morning.

Good quality tent worth it! Tourer kit - think twice!

PS: I have a Jumbo Tourer for sale if any one interested! PM me.

15 nights use only!

:dance:

I presume we're still talking about the tent here Mark?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Yep RTT .would think twice before deploying awning /side tent in windy conditions .

Good it was just the mention of being caught, sweating and divorce that had me confused.

eru6ytab.jpg

Hi guys,
I am looking for a rooftent. I found this threat looking into the forum. I completely agree with the pros and cons you display, since I had the opportunity to try both types of tents (magg type and conventional RTT). I used the conventional RTT in Zimbabwe and Mozambique and even if the internal space was very good, opening it up and closing it was slightly hard. I also needed a shower afterwards, because it was always very dusty. However, the Magg type were really easy to open and close but have less internal space and use all the car´s roof space, as you have said.
In the last Abenteuer & Allrad edition in Bad kissingen I saw the following:
http://gentletent.com/gt-roof/
Does anyone know these tent? Has anyone use them?

Thanks!

Looks interesting, if a little brightly coloured for my liking. Being lightweight has to be a bonus.

Back