Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Rust removal

Shayne

Guru
Just chanced on this while looking for floor wax and wondered if anyone has used it ?

That's new to me. A one stop application that does all that sounds too good to be true but must be worth a try. I still like the Aquasteel stuff but the surface has to be cleaned and degreased first for it to work properly.

I was reading about Fiddes floor wax because it proved impervious white spirit , meths and acetone before it was even properly dry !?!

Only way to soften it and scrape off the runs is to paint it again because its very hard finish turns to liquid again when a fresh coat is applied .

Has me wondering if we should be painting over our Aquasteel with it .

Trouble is the rust is inside the many body box sections and impossible to get at. The body can dry quickly on the outside but the box sections stay wet for ages and corrode away especially when there is hygroscopic salt trapped in there as well.

Thats what i like about the Krown prevention Frank , by its very nature it gets everywhere and displaces water in the same way wd40 does .

I suppose thats why its invisible , if it were to stain black as well it would make permanent mess wherever it over sprayed or dripped . My only regret is not making it black with Aquasteel before visiting Krown .

Last edited:
Thats what i like about the Krown
At least with Krown you can still keep an eye on the structural/metal parts, if it's painted over with anything that's not clear heaven knows what's occurring underneath... :think:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Aquasteel is a rust converter meant to be topcoated so your not going to hide much with that , its like 2 step prevention and because the aquasteel dries black even on painted bits it looks good to as well . The Krown will get where the Aquasteel doesn't and seep into future stone chips . Thats how i see it anyway .

Back