Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Salisbury Plain (Again)

I'll be OK for the 28th/29th, providing I can get the Cruiser back from Croatia in one piece :lol:
Chas

Tommo&Claire said:
can i please have club permission to bring a mate who has a P38 Range Rover which he has never offroaded........

Might be a giggle if nothing else, if he makes it as far as the Bustard Inn!

I don't see why not? I was going to ask the same about a mate in a SWB Paj... They can be be the mice, we can hunt them?

Haha. Mice...

I went to the Plains in a Range Rover Classic a few years ago was pretty impressive, I went with some guys with Land Rovers, Pajeros, etc. Nobody got stuck although when we submerged the Range Rover it did stop working for a bit.

Looking forward to a nice day out on the plains! I hope it isn't too dusty.

Fellas.....
Instead of a day at Salisbury plain, why not a trip to some lanes in Wales or similar?

I'm wondering if the 'plain will be worth it seeing as we've not had any rain for a long time. :violin:
Of course Salisbury plain is large and if there are sections that are fun in the dry, I'll sit back down.
Tank track (legal of course!)? Kiwi hill playing about?

I don't mind where we go to be honest.

Although the child in me would like to go somewhere a bit muddy and wet so I can get my 80 covered is dirt more effectively.

Crispin said:
Fellas.....
Instead of a day at Salisbury plain, why not a trip to some lanes in Wales or similar?

I'm wondering if the 'plain will be worth it seeing as we've not had any rain for a long time. :violin:
Of course Salisbury plain is large and if there are sections that are fun in the dry, I'll sit back down.
Tank track (legal of course!)? Kiwi hill playing about?
I think Wales is better.
I kind of like the stunning scenery, some thing Salisbury plain don't offer.

I have a nice empty bedroom, if any persons wants to throw down some blow - up mattress's
Good shower, make your own breakfasts, or have Chinese breakfast ? and prepare for the long travel back to the south or North ?

Graham

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Only issue with wales is the long haul. I don't mind it, but......
I don't mind Salisbury plain and the decent braai + a bit of social is always welcome for lunch but am keen to try some different scenery.

Once a date has been confirmed I would certainly be interested as long as my car is here and is still not floating around the oceans. Count me in please.

Thank you

Confirmed 29th :cool:
Or we'll be here forever debating...

I really want to go.....then i can check out my new laptop mounting system :thumbup:

How do you do one of them gucci voting button things?

Salisbury Plain
Wales Greenlanes
Pay and Play Day

?????

If I can escape for the day from the visiting family I'm up for anything... having said that, it might be nice to do something other than Salisbury, but happy to go with the flow :dance:

I'd like to do the Plains if it's been raining a bit as if it's just dusty it won't be much fun.
Slindon would be more fun it is was wet, I've never been there in the rain.

Either way I really want to do something that day, I took my friend out on Saturday for a few lanes and he enjoyed it so much be bought a little Vitara when he got home and wants to learn how to drive offroad.

ok, who knows the good lanes in Wales? Jon / TobyJug et-al? Got some map overlays for us to borrow? :mrgreen:

Salisbury Plain and apparently, Sildon need rain...

Any good P&P sites?

Head count?

Slindon is okay without rain I guess but I get the impression that it would be a lot more exciting with rain.

Your photos and videos from the forums trip to Plains earlier this year look fantastic, I want to drive through some water!

I'm sure I could do you a route if you decide on the laning option ;)

James - It always rains in Wales, there'll be water ;) I hear Strata Florida (correct name?) and [insert real name] carwash is fun. Not beem there though.

So Wales it is then? ;)

Thanks Jon, assuming there are no massive objections in the next 30 seconds :D

Yes please, I love wales

and the car wash.

Graham

Back