Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Salisbury Plain

Looks like I'm back on for this, will know for sure this afternoon and post accordingly.

I'm still frantically trying to get hold of a PC and satnav for some navigation but will post at close of play today the final plans.

It looks like it might be an ok day so a braai for lunch at the car park is looking like a go along with breakfast for those wanting to get there earlier.

I plan to go to tesco tomorrow for breakfast provisions and have a small braai and enough charcoal for lunch but let's confirm plans later.

:cry: Something unavoidable has cropped up and I'm sorry to say I won't be able to come and play now, have fun chaps.

So how many people are we down to them? I am definitely still up for it. Do you want me to bring anything food wise?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Morning all

Trevor + MrDelmonti
CPTsideways
Rob
Stumog + 1
Warrenpfo + 1

Zim Chris - maybe
Leopard - maybe
x_shaun - maybe
Crispin – maybe

Unless I hear otherwise by the end of the day I will take it that the above 4 are confirmed and the others are not going to make it. I need to get to Tesco later this evening to get supplies for the bacon sarnies for those that can make it and want one so please let me know if you are in or out and how many people?

As Tony has pulled we don’t have a skottle so I will bring two cookers we can use along with water for coffee and tea and some milk.
The weather is looking good with a max of 15 and no rain yet but I have a tarp somewhere I will bring along to give us some cover if we need it.
Unless everyone disagrees lets have a bbq/braai for lunch.

I have a small weber that we can use to braai with at lunch along with charcoal and fire lighters that I can bring so I guess you need to bring what ever you want to cook on the braai and associated goodies like salads etc.

I will get at the meeting point The Bustard Inn Shrewton SP3 4DU for 9 and get breakfast going for those that want.
Lunch will either be at the same spot or if we find somewhere else better we can stop there.

I still have no satnav or PC yet so it may be a case of driving around a bit like a headless chicken unless someone has a gps as I have got them on email I can send over so do shout.
I will go and get the land ranger map for the area today as some form of navigation is a good idea.

For those who have not been to the plain there is nothing too exciting when it comes to 4x4 activities. It will I am sure be muddy with a bit of water lying around but apart from that there is generally little use for low range.

Please can you make sure you have the appropriate recovery points both front and rear just in case and if you have the right gear like recovery straps shovel etc then bring it as you never know.

If you have a CB then great if not I guess it might be a little bit of a quiet drive than the rest as it does add to the day when you are able to partake in banter whilst driving.

Anything else just shout

Last edited:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I've finally got the green light so I'll be coming with MrDelmonti as passenger if that's still ok?

That's great, are you both wanting bacon rolls and happy to braai/bbq

I think I have also solved the navigation problem.

If anyone wants the fox files let me know as I can email them over

Bacon sarnies sound good to me, I think we'll end up being lazy and bringing prepacked sandwiches and a few biccies for lunch.

Hi Warren
I will be down would like sandwiches will bring a wors for the braai. I am not sure if my wife will be coming as well she is going out the night before so depending on how much she has drink really.

I don't have any recovery points on the front of mine blow up my welder and been to busy to finsh my bumper. I will not be doing any mud holes and will stay to the tracks. I driven the plain lots and have not been stuck before. I do have a nato hitch so can always go back wards?
Don't have a Cb yet either.

I have a fair bit of recovery stuff so will bring the straps and stuff. d I need to bring the HL of do we have one between us all?

cant wait
Stu

I don't have a hi lift and am sure we wont need one but famous last words...

It should have read GPX files and not fox files

I will bring some lamb chops for the braai.

I have a Hi Lift, winch, waffle boards, recovery straps and some shackles. Don't imagine we'll need them for the Plains but will have them anyway.

most of my recovery gear is in storage on my L*&^!%^$R sorry to say.
Warren GPX files is the maps? how much of them do you have? would it fit on a Dvd ? or can you email things that big?
stu

I have a Hi Lift, winch, waffle boards, recovery straps and some shackles. Don't imagine we'll need them for the Plains but will have them anyway.

If you get stuck on the Plain, then you need to be shot!!! :lol:

tony have you not seem how deep some of the holes are? ( not on byways mind)

Yup

IMG_9979-M.jpg

most of my recovery gear is in storage on my L*&^!%^$R sorry to say.
Warren GPX files is the maps? how much of them do you have? would it fit on a Dvd ? or can you email things that big?
stu

Drop me a pm with your email address and I will send them to you. They very small files that you can then open with a GPS.

thanks warren.

tony that's the bits I will not be going in.

Back