Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Salisbury Plain

Im still on the case but the number I have only gives a weeks advanced warring of activity and the message is so faint its hard to hear.

Shall we go with the 26th so people can get it in the diary and as soon as we can find out what is happening on the day I will do so but for now we can start making plans.

I'm not sure if meeting for 9 for a bacon sandwich and then moving out at 10 for some trails suits all or if you would rather get there for a 10 o'clock departure with a bigger thing made of lunch.

I am happy to get all the provisions for breakfast, sauces, rolls, bacon, sausage and eggs etc and then we do a self contained lunch somewhere on the plain or perhaps find a good local pub, the only problem is fighting off the desire to have a drink if im in a pub but maybe we make the decision closer to the date when we know what the weather might be like.

Does everyone have a CB so we can stay in communication during the day? At present I have no mapping device which I hope to have resolved by the time but I do have a number of GPX files somewhere, but also no PC as it died...I will come up with a solution.

Open to ideas.

Sounds like it's going to be a great day out but unfortunately I won't be able to make it.

26th is OK for me, would prefer a 10 o/clock start, have CB plus a hand held if anyone needs to borrow. Grant, if it's because yours is still with Julian you're welcome to come with me.

Thanks for the offer Chas. I'm just getting back from Thailand then so fairly sure I'll be too ruined to go.

I think I made a mistake with Julian telling him he can take as long as he needs :think:

i am good for the 26th. could meet at 10am and then have a nice bbq?? ok as long as its not pissing down.
anybody have one big enough for every one?
stu

Looks like I could have a pass for the 26th, Although it will have to be a shiny day for me.....

Happy to bring my skottle along for a fry up

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
26th is good for me. I am flexible with meeting times, both 9 and 10 suit me.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4

I'd like to have a run round the Plain, I won't know until the night before due to hospital appointments for Mrs Trev so I'd love to tag along if a last minute ok is acceptable?

I'd have tagged along but truck will be off the road by then unfortunately.

Where is the rendezvous point? I have been once before but I can't remember where it was. :icon-redface:

I suggest we meet at The Bustard Inn Shrewton SP3 4DU. It should still be an abandoned pub with a large gravel car park to the side and we can gather there..

I am still hope full to have some gpx files we can use but they are on a hard drive I don't have a caddy for and my PC is dead so will need to make a plan.

Looks like we will be 4 maybe 7 cars so either a convoy of 7 or split into groups.

CPTsideways
Rob
Stumog
Warrenpfo
Leopard - maybe
x_shaun - maybe
Crispin - maybe

I know as little about the plains as the next man but just want to get together and have a chat and a bit of a drive around. From what I do know there is nothing exciting or overly difficult and alot of the time its driving dirt roads taking in the "scenery".

I still think a 9:00 meet for those who can/want too for a fry up on the skottle (tonyP) with a planned depart at 10:00 sharp for a few hours driving and then meet for lunch.

Does everyone want to do a pub lunch or rather gather round and grab a sandwich or maybe a braai (bbq) for lunch? The only concern with a braai (bbq) is that it will take a good 2 hours from start to finish and not leave much time in the afternoon for a drive about but if that's the preferred then lets have a braai (bbq).

Just remember this could all get canceled if we find out that there are military movements planned but wont know until early next week.

Last edited:
So up until yesterday I was all set for this as it's been a while since I've been there. Got roped into working both those weekends now :(
Small chance the 26th might be swapped with this weekend so if that is the case then :D

Sadly not going to be make it Warren.
Maybe next time if you do it again.

I'm out too, sad to miss out on this one and I'm sure a great day will be had.

Next time chaps

Will firm up plans on Wednesday. I hope to have a new pc, satnav and some trails to drive.

Looks like we will have house guests Friday/Saturday. They were even up for an outing in the Amazon, but timings don't permit unfortunately. :doh:

It's suddenly become a very busy few weeks!

Last edited:
Gents, going to have to pull out of this :icon-cry: Just been informed that some friends coming up on Saturday to spend the weekend.... dammit!

Back