Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Scan gauge

Olazz

Country Flag
zimbabwe
I'm sure I've read somewhere about this gadget on this site, but I've searched countless times without success.

Does anyone use a scan gauge or similar on their truck?

I use one on my subaru and yaris

but colorado doesnt have a OBDII

The cheapest way to get that kind of info is through a cheapish OBDII bluetooth dongle and a smart phone app. But as Andy pointed out .. most of our older Toyotas don't have an OBDII interface :( So the only solution for us is a JW style build yourself kit.

I've got a £5.99 bluetooth special from fleabay which works well on the 150 but 120 refused to talk to it.

scangauge works on my Hilux
usefull as it shows coolant temperature
i am going to get the firmware upgraded and it will then show transmission temp too i hope

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
The cheapy one I have shows coolant, 'box, EGT, fuel pressure (damn that is high!) and a silly amount of information. Annoyingly though, it's not very good at showing fault codes (on the LC or other cars I have tried).

When I was looking for one for my TD5 Defender I was told by Scangauge That they only work on Petrols from 2000 and diesels from 2004,this was when the standard was brought in. But some manufacturers introduced it before they had to, but not land Rover no surprise there then lol

Has a late 2003 got an obd II port? I'd be very interested in a scanguage if it has!

A 120? No. Has some sort of port but not obd2

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Back