Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Servicing packs.

Crispin

Administrator
Staff member
Guru
Country Flag
great_britain
I was having a chat to Simon from my local Mr-T about service bits and the recent thread on "should I buy a Bosch filter or not".

He is pricing up some "service packs" for the various models and is interested in what people would want. The normal is oil filter, oil , air filter etc. As an example, the filter for the 120 retails at £21.29 inc. and he will do it for £12.95 inc. for members. The Steven Eagell group has a network of dealers which he could arrange so you could pick up from your closest or shipping could be arranged.

I’ve never really looked at the prices on the other parts I get from him but the discounts are often the same as above depending on part. There is still a price constrain on certain items where he cannot move much. These items are normally the very same items that Ian can get for a lot less where they are high value, low weight.

So, what would be a good service pack per vehicle? I know it’s an open question but a quick idea of what you need and what the model you have…

Bear in mind, this is not the Steven Eagell group as a whole but this one dealer offering this. To walk into another Mr-T dealer and asking this, you would be laughed out the door.

Cheers,
Crispin

Air filter
Oil filter
Fuel filter
serpentine belt/cam belt
bulb kit?
front pads.

Gra.

Air filter
Oil filter
Fuel filter

95-series Colorado (1KZTE)

Yep as per Graham - a pick-list of options would be nice, to include injector cleaner, brake rotors, etc for the less-often used stuff.

95 diesel:
- oil filters
- diesel filters
- brake pads
- re-usable air filter (Toyota)
- prop shaft UJ's

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
The lists above sound like they hit most of the main items, so I have nothing to add - other than it sounds like a great initiative! Hope something comes of this!

And maybe prices on batteries and windscreen wipers :lol:

I'm going back to Mr-T tomorrow and Wednesday (120 is very sick :( )

I've started (and adding to) a *very* rough list here : Service List
The idea is to have a list so that you can say "right, I have a 90 petrol, the column I need for a service is x" I'll get Simon to add prices to the list.

I've allowed everyone to edit the list now so if you can think of a better format, feel free to suggest a change and if you want anything else or to add another model, add to it.

Would it perhaps not be more accurate to spec up a minor service kit and a major service kit as per the intervals prescribed. I for one do not change my oil, air and fuel at 6k. I know some people do everything on theirs at like 4ooo regardless. Frankly they are loonies. :roll: There is nothing wrong with Mr T's schedule.

So minor would be:
oil, oil filter
next one up oil, oil filter and air filter
then maybe oil, oil filter, air filter and fuel filter
Followed by oil, oil filter, air filter, fuel filter and cam belt
etc.

Easy to price up - just pick pack 1, 2, 3 etc for any model. OK you could have spark plugs in there for petrol ones too

Chris

added a petrol column :mrgreen: , not sure if its the same on the oil burners but I know its recommended on the petrols to do the water pump at the same time as the drive belts

Chris - Added a new column called Schedule (I think your mac could have done this? ;) ) which has the values in of 10, 20, 100, "as needed" etc. You can then choose which service you want and it'll show only those. Only "issue" with that idea is that people will have to be careful about where they put things in the row so they not in the wrong schedule for a model.
Not sure if there is a better way of doing it? A matrix of sorts?

Thanks J66P - I've updated the schedule for that. Not sure if it is correct?

Would be a good idea to have a service packs with and without oil as some of us buy oil in bulk. I agree with Chris on service options done by what needs doing rather than mileage as service intervals are subject to vehicle, opinions, type of use and quality of oil.

Good work Crispin :clap:

Regarding 80 series brake pads, the early 80's have smaller brakes compared to the later 80's, so I'm guessing they have smaller pads as well? Which may upset the generic 80 brake pad pricing. Do people think its wise to have a column for early 80's and a separate one for later 80's? (I'm not even going to try and put a line in the sand at which build date or chassis number that the specs were changed, but I'm sure someone on here has that info).

AFAIK callipers are the same on all UK 80s, only different hubs and discs. I would assume this would be the same for imports but you never know on rare trucks like ones with 1HZ engine.

If there is a case like that, why not just list "Brake pads (small disks)", "Brake pads (Large disks)" as two options.

So got some prices through today. Below are screen prints of the prices, I'll stick them into a list as we go:

Diesel 120:
[attachment=0:1uf3q5ng]120.jpg[/attachment:1uf3q5ng]

Diesel 90:
[attachment=1:1uf3q5ng]90DIESEL.jpg[/attachment:1uf3q5ng]

Petrol 90:
[attachment=2:1uf3q5ng]90PETROL.jpg[/attachment:1uf3q5ng]

Once I have them in a list and it works, we'll add more to it for the 80s and 70s

I don't think he put oil etc on but that is also very well priced. Will add it.

Attachments

• 90PETROL.jpg
    90PETROL.jpg
    211 KB · Views: 350
  • 90DIESEL.jpg
    90DIESEL.jpg
    206.2 KB · Views: 341
  • 120.jpg
    120.jpg
    208.4 KB · Views: 345
thanks Crispin

for the 90-diesel - is the spider kit, rear a U-joint?

good prices on genuine oil filters, cheaper than roughtrax

Back