Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Showie - interested in LC100 -UK

HughJarce

Country Flag
uk
Morning all,

My name’s Showie. I’m actively looking for a series 100 4.2 5AT. I’ve always wanted a cruiser - I admire the proper engineering that’s gone into them, and there’s something about their honesty as a functional comfortable 4x4 with a classic boxy look that really appeals to me. Compare that to today’s fashionista overstyled “hatchback on stilts” crossover SUV’s we see now.

The LC100 in particular is the one I’m wanting for family duties, long trips within the UK, to Sweden and perhaps Europe. We have one Labrador and are thinking of getting another one so it’s a good vehicle for that.

I recently got to know and meet up with Andy Lomas and I know he is a longtime member here. It was Andy that suggested I join here and get to know the online Landcruiser community so here I am!

Thanks for having me. Looking forward to finding out more and beginning my journey with these remarkable cars.

Cheers, Showie

Andy is definitely the man to point you in the right direction when it comes to LandCruiser's..... But finding that ever elusive perfect 100 series or 80 or 120, We've all been there.... Good luck Mate and Welcome

Welcome to the forum Showie, apart from myself there will be others looking out for you with suggestions. Like I said yesterday, patience is the key.
( nice beer from Berkshire by the way)

Sweden's the Last Safe Haven for When the Russia v Ukraine Ding Dong Kicks off.... :wtf:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Evening all,

Sorry I haven't got round to this earlier.

Here are some photos of the Landcruiser that I bought last week. It's a 2000 GX model with the 4spd Auto, cloth seats and steel springs. Andy (Lomas) had a friend contact him saying he was selling one, we arranged to have a look and Andy very kindly gave it a once over mechanically, picking up on a couple of problems which needed fixing - the inner sills being the big job. There were some minor rust bubbles on the arches and there was a small patch on the upper rear tailgate with the paint scuffed in places but it was a 22yo car after all and I wasn't looking for an immaculate car in the first place (I'm a big believer of Wabi Sabi!). In an ideal world, I'd have liked it to have been the 5spd box but and as Andy pointed out, how long would I have to wait for a clean, cheap, GX model to come along. I went for a test drive in it a few days later, did the deal and drove it home.

The plan is to weld the inner sills when the weather clears up and it's dry, and rustproof them (as much as one can with these older cars) and enjoy it. It could also do with a service as we are not sure when it was last serviced.

Attachments

• RHS_side.jpg
    RHS_side.jpg
    432.5 KB · Views: 32
  • RHS_internal.jpg
    RHS_internal.jpg
    318.2 KB · Views: 32
  • Boot_open.jpg
    Boot_open.jpg
    237.6 KB · Views: 29
  • PHOTO4-2022-02-24.jpg
    PHOTO4-2022-02-24.jpg