Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Side-exit exhaust on an 80-Series

Hello Stu,

The turbo outershell is about the same as the standard turbo.
I dont now what they tweaked on the innershell but they placed other turbine wheels.
So the turbo spools up faster and sooner

The combination, turbo, exhaust and a good adjustment of the fuel pump makes it a real nice ride with more then enough power.
I ride a lot with trailer (holland - Portugal) and it has enough oempf to tackle the mountains on the autostrada.
When offroading, it does everything with eas and there is no need for reving when there is enough bottom power.

Donald.

Any pics of your car Donald? Sounds like it's had some work done to it! :)

Hello Stu,

The turbo outershell is about the same as the standard turbo.
I dont now what they tweaked on the innershell but they placed other turbine wheels.
So the turbo spools up faster and sooner

The combination, turbo, exhaust and a good adjustment of the fuel pump makes it a real nice ride with more then enough power.
I ride a lot with trailer (holland - Portugal) and it has enough oempf to tackle the mountains on the autostrada.
When offroading, it does everything with eas and there is no need for reving when there is enough bottom power.

Donald.

Of course on my HZJ 80 there is no turbo, and besides the "hare and the tortoise" syndrome leaving the traffic lights, I don't have a problem with power. There just is no power asphalt wise and city cruising, but offroad there's still torque to spare. On a main road hill I've often thought a turbo would be nice, but I've never wished for one offroad.

I drove a 2.7 TD Terrano for 5 years, and the turbo died at 3 yrs old. More trouble than it was worth, despite replacement(s) the thing never drove right after the failure.

Turbo 80s seem to fare much better.

hi there, i can't post pictures yet. i need a minimum of 15 posts before i can post pictures/URL's
:(

hi there, i can't post pictures yet. i need a minimum of 15 posts before i can post pictures/URL's
:(

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
OK Donald, go into settings and fill in where you are, then post up a little bit about yourself, that will bring it to 7...

i can feel the pressure building:icon-biggrin:

Laat niet de druk te krijgen voor u, zijn we een beroep op u om wat fantstic foto's kunnen we dan kwijlen leveren.

If that doesn't make sense, blame google!

dit maak sin, amper.

im having a good laugh here...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

do you guys think it is possible to build ur exhaust as part of your rock sliders? and what complication could their be?

edit: im asking because were i go il have a crushed exhaust pipe if it exits under the rock slider...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hmm, nice idea Fraser. Think old style racing Bentley fish tail exhaust, long and flat. If it has the same or larger cross section I see no reason why not.

Back