Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Simpson desert, Australia. 20th sept - 6th Oct.

Yes, Telstra should be fine at Birdsville, but nothing will happen until we are back to Marree. Will be a week with nothing but our blog, www.uk-oz.com.
Also nothing at Warraweena, except on top of Mt Gill, if we are lucky.

Tony and cohorts should be walking the plank onto a big flying tube around about now. The adventure begins.... :)

Have just finished packing, heading to airport in an hour, so I guess that's it! Simpson here we come. :)

Have a safe and fantastic trip, really looking forward to the blog and no doubt some great talking points around the Lincomb fire when you get back.

Bon Voyage Tony, I'm sure you are going to have the trip of a lifetime ahead of you.
firefox31.gif

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Ditto ditto ditto :-D

Safe & enjoyable trip to all B-)

Bummer that I couldn't go.....but will be watching the trip unfold with a mixture of interest and jealousy. I know that the team should be producing some fantastic photo and video as they have a whole heap of technology packed. Blue skies to all.

Have a safe and enjoyable trip everyone.
Looking forward to the blog updates.

Safe trip chaps, May the road rise up to meet you, may the wind be always at your back.

G'day,
if you've followed the blog you'll see all is going well. It's been a great trip, my old HJ47 has worked really well, though obviously a few less HP than the modern trucks, so a bit of help was needed on several of the bigger softer dunes.
My after market rear airbags fitted in Queensland, gave a bit of grief with the mounts moving and bending, but while Ben had to go back to Birdsville to sort out LJs rear end, it gave us plenty of time to straighten and weld braces to make them stronger than before.
The tracks have been pretty harsh, corrugations have been horrendously jarring, suspension has had a pounding, and old Betsy has coped. Temperatures have hit the 40s, and there have been a few flies around, as well as plenty of dust!
We still have a few days left, and tomorrow we head upto Warraweena for a load of creek crawling and superb scenery.
keep following at www.uk-oz.com
cheers,

The trip made it into Pat Callinan this month, so another bit of coverage for Chris!

Back