Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Site Upgrade (Something has has nothing to do with COVID-19)

My reload time is very slow until I log in then it's great. Happens every time the same even with cache all cleared out so I stay logged in

Well, would you Adam 'n' Eve it. Just been trying this numerous times, browsing site logged out, then in, then back out etc and it's definitely much faster when logged in which means it must be the Adds that's slowing things up as they're not there when logged in although, curiously enough, they where there, logged in or out, on the old site before the revamp. I usually just browse the site then log in only to add content so I'll make a point of logging in every time and see if the 'fix' is permanent. Not sure how I didn't notice this before:icon-redface:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Well, would you Adam 'n' Eve it. Just been trying this numerous times, browsing site logged out, then in, then back out etc and it's definitely much faster when logged in which means it must be the Adds that's slowing things up as they're not there when logged in although, curiously enough, they where there, logged in or out, on the old site before the revamp. I usually just browse the site then log in only to add content so I'll make a point of logging in every time and see if the 'fix' is permanent. Not sure how I didn't notice this before:icon-redface:

When I was having issues waaaay back I too came to the same conclusion that the ads were slowing reload/log in times etc, but could never actually prove it. What made it frustrating is every other site (except on occasions 'Outlook') would load normally. The same issue inflicted my phone, my tablet, and laptop. I even tried my tablet when I was staying over @Rodger house in an effort to see if it was my ISP or even province related, but no it loaded slow over there as well. I have yet to try the tablet and phone on this newer platform, having now been 'locked in' for a MONTH for some reason I have found dozens of those 'I must get around to sorting that' stuff. :)

As your a valuable contributor I hope it gets sorted for you. :thumbup:

regards

Dave

You might want to read the entire sentence?

regards

Dave
Yes, I got it the first time round, a darker 'hue' (as in shade) of red, just trying to make a little light in these dark, dark times. :) :thumbup:

It was meant as a joke, I did finish reading the sentence, and I fully understood it.

Regards,

J.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's great, good to see most of us are on the same page.

regards

Dave

Dave 2000, yep did read it all. I got the bit about the colours directed at Crispin, the first part read differently to me, but there ya go. Congratulations the problem is sorted for you, I too would like to be on the same page, when I can eventually get there, and I am being patient.
Hue was a joke.

added the site to my popup blocker but now i keep getting popup prompts to remove it and and i just learned i can't email you either Crispin , it won't send ?

Please check for payment on 30th of January from helen's paypal :thumbup:

The difference in page load speed when logged in compared to logged out is definitely there for me. Been comparing the two for the last 10 days or so and it's always faster when logged in. Still get the occasional hang and "server stopped responding" error but it looks like it's the adds slowing everything down when logged out so I don't think the two issues are linked. Happy with that. :thumbup:

I'm not visiting the site so much now because it is so SLOW and it's too frustrating, also it doesn't always go to what I have selected it seems to make up it's own mind what to do. I'm fed up wasting time here!

Agree 100% Chas, all of that and more as previously stated. I have been soldering on patiently, in the hope it will get better because I like the information and banter on here, but I think I have reached the end of my patience with it now. Cheers.

@Crispin do you have keyboard short cuts enabled?
I've noticed today that when I press Alt 1 I get taken to new posts, the problem is I use Alt 1 and Alt 2 to switch my desktops so when I have a page open that I'm reading and then switch desktops to check on something and then switches back I loose the page I was on and forum refreshes and loads the new posts page.

Today I tried altering my cookie settings in the hope that might improve things but it didn't make any difference.
It still takes a few minutes to load when I try logging in and when selecting anything at all, the progress arrow spins round saying it's doing something then stops without loading the page, if I leave and go to eBay for example when I return it may have eventually have loaded what it was I had selected, but not always, it is very frustrating.
Crispin, you did something before that improved for a while, but didn't completely cure, could you try doing that again?

Back