Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Site Upgrade (Something has has nothing to do with COVID-19)

I would just like to say, I'm still having no problems whatsoever with the new site. :thumbup: :icon-biggrin:

Fast and smooth, just like anything new, it took a little while to get used to, but now it's hunky dory.

I would just like to say, I'm still having no problems whatsoever with the new site. :thumbup: :icon-biggrin:

Fast and smooth, just like anything new, it took a little while to get used to, but now it's hunky dory.
I think you are just saying that, get the beer in, I will be round tonight to check it out.
I havnt got hunky dory on mine, maybe that's the problem.

I think you are just saying that, get the beer in, I will be round tonight to check it out.
I havnt got hunky dory on mine, maybe that's the problem.
You can't come round, social distancing......you have to press the F2 and U key for Hunky Dory to work. :thumbup:

I've noticed it hang for me once or twice. I'll take a look again to see if I can find anything.

@hamba - I've not turned anything like that on. It might be a new feature though.

Regarding the slowness and page loads, I'll dig through the logs this evening a bit.

C

Liking the update but the site loading issues that have been a problem for a long time now are crazy.

I load the website, have to wait 30secs then try a link, nothing, wait a bit longer try again and get a pop up saying the page is not responding due to a long running script, cancel that and then the links work. Next time I try navigating its exactly the same.

I have the same problems on all wifi networks and 4G, using Edge, Safari and Chrome and its also the same on my iPhone, android phone and laptop so the issue isn't my end. Other forums I use running xenforo work perfectly so the issue is this site.

Problems been steadily getting worse as more adverts are added

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Liking the update but the site loading issues that have been a problem for a long time now are crazy.

I load the website, have to wait 30secs then try a link, nothing, wait a bit longer try again and get a pop up saying the page is not responding due to a long running script, cancel that and then the links work. Next time I try navigating its exactly the same.

I have the same problems on all wifi networks and 4G, using Edge, Safari and Chrome and its also the same on my iPhone, android phone and laptop so the issue isn't my end. Other forums I use running xenforo work perfectly so the issue is this site.

Problems been steadily getting worse as more adverts are added
+ 1, same and more. No problem on that 'other site', eBay or anywhere else, same on my old laptop.
We have all been patient, so waiting a bit longer as Crispen has stated he is looking into it tonight will I am sure won't be a problem.

I've noticed it on other xenforo sites as well but I don't really visit them as often as here.
It would be nice if xenforo can give us an option to change or disable the keyboard shortcuts.

As to the speed of the site, I used to have problems with viglink on the old site. Might this cause some issues for some users?

I've noticed it on other xenforo sites as well but I don't really visit them as often as here.
It would be nice if xenforo can give us an option to change or disable the keyboard shortcuts.

As to the speed of the site, I used to have problems with viglink on the old site. Might this cause some issues for some users?
Not me.

I’m an old Victor Meldrew these days and dislike change for the sake of change, but I suppose it’s inevitable in the IT world that updates have to be a regular occurrence ...

We’ll done anyway Cris, I’m sure it’s a nightmare come true in practice.
I‘m sure I can say we do appreciate all your back-room efforts to keep this forum on the rails:thumbup:

One observation, members avatars look fresher than they used to, it seems. :shifty:
Are you still doing your engineering work with all the travel you did in the past few years,Clive Regards from Pat

Earlier this evening I was still having speed problems with this site but don't ask me how but quite suddenly everything now seems to be absolutely fine, I can't tell you what a relief that is after months of sluggish behaviour, is this something you have done Crispin?

Well that's good news, whatever you do don't change a thing

Well that's good news, whatever you do don't change a thing
I'm almost afraid to turn the computer off tonight in case these improvements aren't there tomorrow.

Well after last night brief hiccup of fast access we are back to the old ways of slow speed. I knew I should have left the computer switched on all night.

Chas,

1) What computer/tablet etc operating system are you using?
2) What browser are you using?

I known there's just been an iOS update recently, and some decent Win10 updates as well.

Also Firefox have been changing settings left right and centre on the Android version, not so much on the Win10 version.

Back