Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Slight shuddering.....

roy90

Hello knowledgable ones!
Im experiencing a slight shudder under heavy acceleration and it feels like its coming through the drive train! I've done a susp lift and fitted 33's and yes the cv angles are fairly steep tbh. It hasn't really bothered me The past 2 months as its only on hard acceleration and it doesn't get to much of that with the price of fuel!!! My concern is if I'm doing some proper hard offroading would the cv's be over stressed and liable to break if they are at angles?
Ive been reading about diff drops on 100 series here and and wondering is this my route now?
Any info appreciated!!

is this with the OME882 coils ? have you fitted winch bumper and winch?

Il have to check the box for model number of the ome shocks but I'm sure they were the 50-110kgs to allow for winch And bumper which is on, no winch fitted yet.... I can't see adding a winch taking the front down alot as it seems quite stiff as is....

50-110kgs are the 882 coils.
with 60kg weight on front - winch, wire rope and TBR mount i had same shuddering on accleration e.g. up hills
i borrowed a diff drop kit off Chris, but that didnt help
i swapped them for 0-50kg 881 coils

the winch and if a wire rope - will be at least another 30-40kg so should bring front down a bit

i.e. i and also read on pradopoint - think you need 90kg of winch bumper, winch, etc to settle these springs down properly

what is the distance measured between top of wheel rim to wheel arch?

the distance on my vehicle was 39cm initially with 882 coils fitted, dropped to 37cm with my winch setup
but ideally it would be 35-36cm i think

Last edited:
I think you could be right Andy, unsure whether I would swap them out as il prob fit a winch in the next few months.... However for now and if I didn't fit a winch would they be ok to leave alone? As I said I don't notice it all the time but my main concern would be when offroading...? It hasn't thrown out any distress signals to date when in the mud.... Maybe leave well enough alone...?!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
cheers andy, i had a read of that, im going to leave it alone, it doesnt really bother me as i dont hoon it around the place! as a matter of interest il check the dist from top of wheel to arch tomorrow and let you know what it is! cheers!

Checked that distance Andy and it measures just shy of 38 cms so with the extra weight of a winch and deep cycle battery it should drop and inch or two.... Not panicking about it now! Cheers for the input!

Back