Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Sluggish auto box

Rob80vx

Well I have noticed that my gearbox wasn't right for a few days as it was changing up way to early causing it to be very sluggish, so I had a look at the kick down cable to find that it was sticking. I tried freeing it up with wd40 and it worked a bit but it was also starting to fray, so I decided to replace it. Today I have tried a few places but the only place that seems to have them are Toyota at £47 :shock: so I ordered it and drove 25miles to pick it up to find they have the wrong part :roll: Anyway they printed some pics off so I could point out the correct one, this I did and found that the correct cable is £85 and I have to drive back to pick it up in the morning. :doh:

That's not the kick down cable Rob. Not if I understand you correctly. I have the same issue and have the brand new cable sitting here ready to go in. You have to drop the AT oil pan to get at it. The cable is part of the TPS - throttle position sensor, relating to the strength of the gear changes. Stupid money from Toyota. Luckily I managed to bag one for less than £40. Sorreee.

See you Sunday by the way.

Chris

Back