Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Snag list - V2

But how different? I admit, I did not use the unread posts in the old forum so don't really know how it behaved so cannot compare.

If there is a post which I have not yet read, it shows it. Once I have read the last pos in that thread, it drops off the list. How is that not ok or normal?

Not sure, but if I recall correctly the old forum used to leave the new posts up when clicking the back button after reading a post.... as opposed to this one dropping them off the list. Much prefer this one now.

ah, see, that was a "fault" with the browser. When clicking back, it did not make a new request to the server but rather used the local cached copy. Had you clicked back and then refreshed, you would have seen it vanish.

Not sure, but if I recall correctly the old forum used to leave the new posts up when clicking the back button after reading a post.... as opposed to this one dropping them off the list. Much prefer this one now.
That's strange, it is the opposite for me, they would drop off on the old forum but not the new, and the only way to clear them now is to click on unread posts then the read ones disappear.

Now now don't blame my browser.... :icon-twisted:

Had you clicked back and then refreshed, you would have seen it vanish.
I just tried that, clicked back, refreshed and it was still there.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Ah but it behaves differently depending if you are viewing the "Activity Stream" or "New Posts".

Activity:
Activity.jpg

Or New Posts?
New_Posts.jpg

I just tried that, clicked back, refreshed and it was still there.

You talking about "unread posts" chas? Which post in particular was still there?

Ah but it behaves differently depending if you are viewing the "Activity Stream" or "New Posts".

Activity:
View attachment 4097

Or New Posts?
View attachment 4098

Yup, activity stream is not affected by what you do. It just shows what's going on. Chas, you not looking at this are you?

It happens whatever post I've just read.

Yes that is what I'm looking at but I clicked on 'unread posts' not 'what's new' When I put the curser over unread posts it 'lights' up but when clicked only the what's new tag is highlighted. Also it doesn't matter which tag I select, unread posts, what's new or new posts, I still get the same list of posts.

Last edited:
Cris, are you aware that the default forum page is this.

So anyone coming from www.landcruiserclub.net and then clicking on the 'Forum' link gets greeted by the activity page.... now that is pants :doh:

Crispin,

I mostly use my HTC but tried the laptop and that is fine so its obviously the phone.
Apologies.

Phil

Why is it that when going to a new post on a thread it doesn't go to the last post if it's a thread that includes lots of pictures, it goes somewhere between the pictures posted, not to the beginning of the last post or the beginning of the post that has the pictures, this would also happen on the previous forum. :think:

I think that's cause it's still downloading the pics... only a guess though

I think that's cause it's still downloading the pics... only a guess though

No, it's not that because even when I wait for the download to finish it ends up where I said previously.

Is it going to the first unread post Chas?

Could also be the browser focusing on the correct place but as the images load and change the "length" of the browser, it seems to end up at the wrong place.
One way to test would be to click on the post and as soon as the page as loaded, hit esc. If it then stays where it is, it's a browser "feature" :(

No it doesn't go to the first unread post, it will go to post I've already read, I'll try the esc test.

Chas, please send a screen print. The print screen button on your keyboard, not F12.
On every browser I have tried I get either a more link or more button.
Eureka! I've found the more smileys button, but it's not below the block of smileys, it's two lines of smileys up right behind the light bulb and uber geek ones, almost totally obscured :angry-screaming:, but if I position the curser precisely I can select it.

Back