Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

so, if i was to take a trip to

+1 on Ireland as well. North and south of the border. Was originally from Dublin so can second Zeus for it being over priced though I would keep in mind taking a drive through the Dublin mountains and down through the Wicklow mountains(same mt. range) then as previously suggested about south of the island.

Ring of Kerry is a top suggestion given previously and a must as is a night or 2 in Galway for the nightlife then upto Donegal and do the coastline of the northwest and the glens of Antrim.

Even if you have a rough plan you will be able to get half decent places quite reasonably as the recession has it hit Ireland severely in the hotel and guesthouse area. Also check for festivals and the like, we tend to have them, not much of an excuse needed. ;)

When abouts you looking at coming over?

Cheers

Phil

if i wanted to do any ?laning? (off roading) i would hook up with a local and be shotgunner just for the enjoyment.
is it pretty much the same over there? my wife and i are friendly and polite (in person) and enjoy a good joke or story.

cheers and thanks

Hey Crusher,

you never know someone you knew from IH8MUD might even let you take the wheel in his 40 1HDT :)
As far as the second part that's about all it takes in my experience

some places I have really enjoyed seeing that include some different landscapes---rural wales is outstanding in a bleak, desolate way in places, sheep in the road, winding roads but seems very different than other parts of the UK and you can see Stonehenge on the way, A B&B in Inverness is a good stop for a rest up before heading up to fort william and Loch ness---riding around Loch Ness at dawn in the mist I will never forget. Driving from the south up you can hit Edinburgh and Glasgow ---but personally I would swing through St Andrews---especially if you are a golfer---I am not but still liked it there

The Cotswolds for rolling landscapes (also near Oxford). The Lake district I found a bit expensive to do the touristy stuff but very nice scenery, spent a week there and enjoyed the area.

Silverstone for racing is a good stop as well if in the Cotswolds

London of course but for me dinner and a show in the west end was a great time for the money (and I dont do shows or that sort of thing really)

I am near Newmarket (horse racing) and not far from Cambridge which has rail links to london and the tubes. There is a pay to play off road site near newmarket called wild trax but I have not been in person.

Cant speak for Ireland but have been dreaming of a trip round the coast there

Cheers

BSmith123

thanks for the detailed post, i love slow putz's through the back roads away from the hustle bustle ...
HDT40, eh? damn, that would be a treat.

Back